Vista Premium

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by chaos16, Feb 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chaos16

chaos16 Registered Member

I noticed that in this graph it says Physical processor support
    Unlimited core's are supported on all editions 1 and the others 2?

does that mean dual core is not supported in home and premium version?

http://www.helpwithwindows.com/WindowsVista/vista-which-version.html

BTW for home users that use Windows XP professional should upgrade to premium as the enterprise or ultimate is not needed?

Anyone thinks that Vista premium is good enough? as the others have useless features for home users and ppl how play games etc...?

Anyone thinks that premium will be the most used for hardcore gamers and home users how like advance versions? like professional in XP?
    even for hardcore gamers premium is good enough and also for security.

2. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

First of All go here and Download the Advisor
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/windowsvista/buyorupgrade/upgradeadvisor.mspx

Secondly if you are running XP Professional, it is pointless buying Home Premium,as it will not allow you to upgrade from this, Only Business & Ultimate are Available Upgrades. You can clean install from the Home Premium Upgrade,but it is not recommended,as it does not save any settings,and you are unable to Rollback.

All information is on the Advisor page I have linked you to. Do not try to reinstall any Drivers untill you have checked with the Manufactures Home Page to see if a Driver is Available, doing so will cause the uncompatible programs to fail and not work,and possible cause more harm than good.

3. chaos16

chaos16 Registered Member

When i buy Vista i will buy a clean install and not an upgradable one i just want to know wat version ppl will use for there current windows xp pro

4. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

The Equal to XP Pro with Vista is either Vista Business or Vista Ultimate, Vista Standard and Vista Home Premium are for people who used XP Home Edition, Hope this clears things up for you :)

5. Ice_Czar

Ice_Czar Registered Member

physical processors means number of sockets\actual CPUs
    cores arent counted, 1, 2, 4 cores doesnt matter as far as licensing goes ;)

however virtual machines do count

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.