Vista Firewall Control question

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by iceni60, Aug 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

i'm going to install a FW for vista. i want to try the Vista Firewall Control first, then if i don't like it i'll try out the PC Tools one.

i wanted to find out what happens when a program tries to connect to the internet with Vista Firewall Control, is there a popup where you can decide what to do? i was looking at the download page and it says something about the free version not having "Instant Blocked Traffic Notification" so that's why i'm asking -
    http://www.sphinx-soft.com/Vista/order.html

has anyone tried it? it sounds like it could be really good if it's just a front-end to the vista firewall. i can't use it how it is because it doesn't look well designed, it looks overly complicated. also i heard even with out-bound protection enabled you still don't get event popups. i do remember getting a FW popup though but i can't remember what it was for!

2. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

it must be a big secret. i'm going to install it today, don't worry though because i won't tell anyone how it works, it won't be a secret then ;)

3. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

i installed it and the first thing that happened is i got a new error message about the service not running. i'm using another computer now too because the internet is broken on that one now. i tried to make a restore point before i installed it but everytime i clicked on system restore i got a popup saying the wizard was already running o_O

i rebooted and i now have about 6 error messages everytime vista starts lol but, i suppose it's something you have to live with when you use vista. i'm not fixing it because i don't enjoy using vista.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.