vista + eset's ss = BSOD's

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Crawlerz, Oct 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crawlerz

Crawlerz Registered Member

i am having major problems. i have a brand-spankin-new vista install on my pc. trying to install eset's smart security (which clearly states xp/vista capable) and i get a blue screen of death and a memory dump. only restoring computer in safe mode helps - otherwise it doesn't load, just reloads into the BSOD and crashes again. i didnt catch what it reads but vista said

product
    windows

problem
    shut down unexpectidely

date
    today

status
    not reported

problem signature
    problem event name: bluescreen
    OS version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
    locale ID: 1033

files that describe the problem
    mini102408-02.dmp
    sysdata.xml
    version.txt

extra information about the problem
    bccode: d1
    bcp1: 00000014
    bcp2: 00000002
    bcp3: 00000000
    bcp4: 8b9e4f7c

os version: 6_0_6000
    service pack: 0_0
    product: 768_1

p.s. this is a brand new vista install and so far no programs were installed, only the basic-most drivers. the same eset smart security worked fine in my XP on same computer before!

i am VERY frustrated! thank you

2. Crawlerz

3. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

Hi guys, in the past I've had these quite frequently with friends, it always seems to point to the network card drivers being out of date, wireless or wired. Try updating them. In my case I just googled the full name of my Realtek card and got a driver download from a mirror site. (Realtek's website is disgustingly non-user friendly)

4. Crawlerz

ok this is the situation! vista = $^%#! - i got a PCI network card (pretty old and disabled) and a USB WLAN something card (newer and drivers installed) but! although i bought it with the vista computer it now says that it is NOT vista compatible! what the $@@#!? plz help as leaving my computer without a firewall is awful and i will not do it! either that or i reinstall xp.

5. psychokilla

psychokilla Registered Member

God I'm sooo sick of people bitching about Vista. I use Vista as do millions of others who have no problems with it. If you don't want to use it then don't, no-one is forcing you. Why not try the driver update suggestion instead of just whinging about how "Vista is useless"?

6. Crawlerz

*sarcasm begins* OMG man why didnt i think of that?! holy crap ur thesmartest guy IN THE WORLD! bar none!
    *end of sarcasm*

p.s. its the dell truemobile 1300 USB card.... if anyone can point me to a vista proof driver.

p.p.s. why does windows update show it as incompatible if such a driver exists?! (i mean im pretty sure it exists)

7. doktornotor

doktornotor Registered Member

Totally off-topic here. Ask Dell.

Ditto. Ask in Redmond.

8. Crawlerz

redmond?

9. Crawlerz

whats NOT off topic is my BSOD when installing eset smart security!!! i NEED help!

10. doktornotor

Yeah, you know - where the Ballmer's company HQ is... :p

HW incompatible with Vista and searching for drivers most definitely is totally off-topic here.

11. Crawlerz

stop telling me this and that is offtopic IF THIS IS ESET FORUM! my eset installation on my vista crashes into BSOD. that's what i need help with. since this IS the eset forum. also the smart security forum - plz help - or dont and dont post. but dont tell me to go to hell! the exact same smart security worked on same computer (same exact setup) when it had xp!!! if you don't have anything to say - im returning to xp as right now i've got NOTHING to lose! not a single program, picture, document, or music file.

if you can plz help - if not...... well then

12. doktornotor

Yeah, that's exactly the reason why's it off-topic. AFAICT you've already identified the problem - which is your incompatible WiFi driver. Ask your HW manufacturer for a compatible one.

If that's not the problem then you'll need to describe your issue better and attach some information, such as memory dump.

13. Crawlerz

well today vista finally "found" that it needed sp1. (for some reason yesterday it couldn't find that it needed the upgrade) updated. installed eset. no BSODs so far. we'll see...............................

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.