vista crashes with version 3 and webdrive

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by seanvt, Dec 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seanvt

seanvt Registered Member

EDIT: OOPS,this was posted in the V2 Forum by mistake - sorry - pleas close, I'll repost.

Webdrive is an ftp/ssh/sftp client that can map an ssh connection as a drive on your computer. Version 3 of Nod32 causes Vista to crash in a very ugly way when you try to connect to a connection with web drive.

Disable NOD32, no more crash.

There used to be a conflict with NOD32 and WebDrive, but it was taken care of on the WebDrive side as you can see here.

http://www.webdrive.com/products/webdrive/ReleaseNotes.htm

Apparently, the problem is back with Version 3 of Nod32.

I have another Vista machine that's running version 2.7 of Nod32 and it has no problem with WebDrive.

I just bought a new Dell Desktop and got myself a new NOD32 license to go with it. I was surprised to see a new version and new interface.

While NOD32 could definitely have used some UI improvements, I don't like this lame Norton-like color-coding in my system tray. The only way I can make it stay green is to enable every single thing NOD32 wants me to.

If I deliberately turn something off, like email scanning, my icon turns a scary orange and I get balloon warnings. Cut that out, please.

Bit sorry, this thread is supposed to be about WebDrive. I'll go find the UI complaint thread.

But can anyone tell me if I can use my newly-purchased Version 3 license with 2.7, and if I can still download 2.7? Thanks.

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Just gave it go and it will accept your new license for 2.7.

3. seanvt

seanvt Registered Member

Thanks ronjor!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.