Vista & Big Brother

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Rilla927, Jul 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rilla927

Rilla927 Registered Member

2. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

Yes i believe it. Yes i was expecting it. Yes people will forget, dismiss it, "if you don't have anything to hide..." BS, defend MS, etc.
    Clear as daylight to me anyway.

3. poirot

poirot Registered Member

Two friends of mine recently purchased HP desktops and,agreeing with my view, pretended a substitution of Vista with XP Pro, which they were forced to do if they wanted to sell, and all is plainly ok.
    I've seen Vista in action and i dont like it at ALL.
    I wil use XP until it can run (2014?) to the extent of giving up any added service.
    Then finally learn Linux or perhaps by 2014 there'll be other more general problems to cope with.

4. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

Ah..well I do remeber from when I used Peerguardian in my XP that I had similar blocks from Department of defence and other US government agencies so I guess we XP users should be equally scared :)

5. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,
    That's nothing special. Happens all the time. Especially when you are downloading stuff. I am blocking thousands of hits from all possible sources every day... Part of the big p2p community :)
    Mrk

6. coolbluewater

coolbluewater Registered Member

"Big Brother" will be the least of his worries after posting his IP address in that article :cool:

7. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I have checked repeadly to see if these sites were trying to connect to my computer and have not seen an instance of it yet. It makes me laugh when someone sees something like this and takes it for granted that it is happening to everyone. It could be happening to them because of somewhere they visited on the web or a hundred other reasons. Even with national security there are still laws rules and regulations that protect the general public from this type of spying implicated by the author of the article in question. That is the only thing wrong with the security minded individual is the tendancy to be overly paranoid. A little bit of paranoinism is a good thing but can can get out of hand pretty easily with the "Sky is falling scenario" We all need to take this sort of thing with a grain of salt until absolute proof is presented and then we can take action. But to much prevenative measures can be counter productive and tends to take the fun of owning a computer away. If a user is that worried about security they should just get rid of the computer, cell phone, and their hard wired phone because BIG BROTHR has access to all of these items. I am a Ham radio operator and I fully realize that every time I key the microphone BIG BROTHER is listening or recording what is being said. But it won't deter me from still talking to my friends all around the world. And Big Brother is more than welcome to listen for the simple reason that everyone else with a Ham radio can already hear me so why not them??

bigc

Last edited: Jul 26, 2007
  8. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

After the recent Comodo FUD, i came back to this. BigC and his wizdom in PM's helped too. :)

I regret my post.

It's not that my opinion changed (or the contrary), it's that being young i can still learn to adopt a more mature posture regarding these things.
    These topics are to be taken seriously. If there is a link that should be discussed, it's something like this one (picked up from another member a while ago). It's getting old, but i think it can still be read. Plus it gives you the chance of reproducing some of it. It gets more interesting as he forecasts what is to come.

I for one, won't comment. I'm not in a position to, but some here are.

9. Heuvt

Heuvt Registered Member

Hi all,

I was curious about what might be shown there, but the site has been closed it seems:

Does anybody know what was the topic, or even have a mirror?

Thanks in advance:D

10. steve161

steve161 Registered Member

Lou Gehrig's farewell speech was better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.