Vista 64bit and NOD32 V4 Problems

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by aiskew, Apr 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aiskew

aiskew Registered Member

Sorry if this subject has already appeared but I've just joined the forums. I've used NOD32 AV for some years, and recently upgraded my PC to Vista Ultimate64bit. I installed NOD32 V3 which worked fine, but when I accepted the offer to upgrade to V4 I encountered problems.
    After some problems actually installing V4, it appeared to be working fine, until I asked it to do a scan.
    It just "hung" on a certain %, and froze.
    Repeated attempts and calls to Eset Tech Help couldn't resolve it, so decided to uninstall and go back to V3.
    V4 only uninstalled partially, and left certain "in use" files "locked", which I couldn't delete despite having administrative rights.
    Another call to Eset Techs resulted in them trying a file unlocker program, which didn't work with 64 bit systems.
    The only way I could delete these files was to start my PC in "safe mode".
    Once deleted I successfully reinstalled V3
    Be aware 64bits users, V4 has some issues still:doubt:

2. SalC

SalC Registered Member

I've never had a problem w/ v4 and 64bit version of 3.x or 4.x ..

Did you do an UPGRADE from XP to Vista?

if you did -- rebuild from scratch -- XP to Vista updates are BAD news!

3. aiskew

aiskew Registered Member

No it's a new(ish) machine which came with Vista on it.
    The posting was by way of a "heads up" if anyone else has troubles, it's not that easy to uninstall every part of V4, which you have to do to re-install V3.
    Don't rely on Eset Tech as once the unlocker program didn't work (with 64bit) they were at a loss to suggest anything else. (nice chaps though)
    Anyway, alls well with the world now V3 is back chugging away:cautious:

4. kenwkmsi

kenwkmsi Registered Member

I'm running Vista Ultimate x64 with NOD32 4.424, it works fine -- the only problems I've had with NOD32 have been my own damn fault!

/kenw

5. Mister Natural

Mister Natural Registered Member

I have no problems running v4 64 bit on my 64 bit systems. Are you sure you were installing the 64 bit version? For some reason you have to click the 64 bit link to download it from the Eset web site. It isn't on the main download page.

6. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

I've never had any problems removing any build of v3 or v4 on 64 bit Vista, or 32 bit for that matter. I have been through every single build too. It has to be something system specific if you are having problems. In the future it might be better to post the specific problem to see if someone else can help. ;)

7. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Vista supports creating a process dump from within the right-click Task manager menu (see here for details). I'd suggest creating a dump of ekrn.exe in case you encounter a problem and emailing support[at]eset.com for further instructions. If you can upload the dump somewhere, send a link to it to customer care as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.