Vista 64 compatible anti-virus

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Anth-Unit, Oct 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anth-Unit

Anth-Unit Registered Member

Just got a new computer and am looking for some 64 bit compatible av programs. I used to use Avira but it's causing problems with vista 64. For some reason, it causes downloads to drop before being completed. It isn't detecting anything but when I uninstalled antivir the problem went away. So I'm looking for someone to tell me how to fix this with antivir or for alternatives that work well in Vista 64.

2. Oldjim

Oldjim Registered Member

Running KIS 2009 on Vista 64 bit no problems

3. Ford Prefect

Ford Prefect Registered Member

4. kdcdq

kdcdq Registered Member

I have tested AVG V8 paid, Panda IS 2009, BitDefender Total Security 2009, and KIS 2009 on Vista 64 bit with no problems.

I stuck with BD TS 2009 because BD has a true 64-bit install, unlike the others that use WOW64 to allow their products to run on 64-bit Vista. I would have installed BD AV 2009 on this system if I had a license for it; the general agreement in this forum (that I have read, anyway) is that the Vista64 firewall is pretty good as is (flamesuit on).

5. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

I have used Norton 360, McAfee Total Protection 2009, and Avast on Vista x64 with no issues at all. I think most AVs will run fine on Vista x64 nowadays. I have actually seen more issues and problems with firewalls. AVs are easy.

6. Arup

Arup Guest

Avast was out first with a x64 AV and Avira followed, both run fine on x64.

7. lodore

lodore Registered Member

Vipre works on 64bit.
    btw at what pertentage do the downloads appearer to stop?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.