VISTA 64 Activation

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by JASTECH, Nov 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JASTECH

JASTECH Registered Member

Sense I had installed ESS, VISTA 64 has needed activated 3 times. Anybody else with this problem? On the boards they say F-Secure is doing the same thing. Thanks, JAS

2. Parijat

Parijat Registered Member

Re: VISTA 64 Activasion

I had vista x64 and ess 3.0 rc installed for one week with no issues at one time. I am using 32 bit now though.
    Are you using OEM vista version? If yes then you have to activate it every time you change hardware.

3. JASTECH

I have VISTA Ultimate 64 bit and it is retail version. But each time it says major hardware change, and I have not changed anything except for adding ESS and CounterSpy. Thanks, JAS

4. crummock

crummock Registered Member

Been using ESS since beta1 through to RC1 on a Vista x64 machine with no issues at all (so far).

5. psychokilla

psychokilla Registered Member

Both programs install a driver, could this be why? Is windows thinking the driver installation means another piece of hardware has been added?

6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Perhaps this is what is happening . I don't want to recall these things because this was one of the main reasons I ditched my previous AV (Panda) .

Really really hope this is not going to happen to me because it was the Panda because of which I had to re-active my Windows at least 10 times that day and Microsoft here got mad about me and were about to refuse to active my copy.

I hope ESET investigate further this issue . JASTECH , why don't you email them at support[at]eset.com , or PM Marcos

7. JASTECH

Ok, I will do that. Maybe just attach thread for Marcos. Thanks, JAS

8. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hey , something else that came to my mind ... Could it be CounterSpy that you install cause the problem ? Just guessing

Thanks for letting me know :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.