VirusTotal Uploader 2.2 Beta available

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by MrBrian, Feb 6, 2014.

1. TS4H

TS4H Registered Member

Is there any advantage in using VT Uploader compared to say VThashCheck? Iv been using this for a long time and am not familiar with alternatives. VThashCheck works by right click and displays all AV vendors that have/have not detected that hash as malicious.

Do you still need to register for an API key if you use VT Uploader?

2. MrBrian

MrBrian Registered Member

Yes, and no, respectively. VT Hash Check checks for existing reports only; VirusTotal Uploader can do that, and can also optionally upload a file for generating a new report.

3. TS4H

TS4H Registered Member

Right didn't know that, thank you.

regards.

4. MrBrian

MrBrian Registered Member

You're welcome :).

VirusTotal Uploader v2.2 Beta can now apparently upload files up to 128 MB :D. This is apparently officially undocumented.

A disadvantage of VirusTotal Uploader v2.2 Beta is that it won't check for existing VirusTotal reports (by hash) for files larger than 128 MB. MultiHasher, for example, doesn't have this limit. MultiHasher can't upload files to VirusTotal though. So I use both VirusTotal and MultiHasher.

5. TS4H

TS4H Registered Member

Hmm, might try those software you pointed out. Considering i dont use any real time AV, i do rely on VTHash to provide me with an opinion to a degree. These in combination would advise me absolutely.

Thanks for the tip :thumb:
    Regards.

6. Boredomsoft

Boredomsoft Registered Member

VT Hash Check has been able to upload files since version 1.45 (released May 21, 2014)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.