Virus scanner initialization failed.modules will not function properly

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Metalec113, Oct 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Metalec113

Metalec113 Registered Member

Hello!

I've got this problem and I cant seem to solve it so I need help from experts :p .

I have ESET NOD32 ANTIVIRUS Version:4.0.468.0 and I get this problem when I run NOD32: Virus scanner initialization failed. Most of ESET NOD32 Antivirus modules will not function properly

If someone knows the answer, please share it :)

2. jimwillsher

jimwillsher Registered Member

Worth upgrading to a later version? 4.0.x is getting a bit aged now.

3. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The message means that the engine file em002_32.dat is corrupt for some reason (usually a disk error). Try running a disk scan with checkdisk first. Failing this, reinstall EAV (ideally the latest build).

5. siljaline

If that is the case then the OP would have to do This to recover from that situation, but I personally doubt it :ouch:

6. vtol

vtol Registered Member

lacking vital information to debug the matter and thus merely speculative, could be even the machine is compromised that NOD is prevented from functioning properly. has the issue arisen suddenly after NOD run properly for a fairly good time or is this happening just after installing NOD. what is the OS and SP installed?

7. siljaline

Unless this is added to the TOS of the Forum (or) a prerequisite of the ESET Sub Forum | The OS | Default browser | Installed third party security software | Actual build of EAV or ESS software installed |
    it will have to be queried from the poster unless it is stated from the outset.

8. vtol

vtol Registered Member

of course it is up to the poster. the point is that it has been speculated and given advice without even having basic information, except for the NOD version

9. marclallen

marclallen Registered Member

I just had this happen. As I started downloading the new version, I checked my little flag in the system tray (Win 7 x64), and it had a thing about NOD32 updating and wanting to run ecmd.exe. Once I let it execute that, everything was happy.

I have no idea what it all meant, though.

10. vtol

vtol Registered Member

seems more like this https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1776891&postcount=21

11. marclallen

marclallen Registered Member

YES! Exactly.

I think I was running 4.0.474. (Sorry.. I've started upgrading to the latest and forgot to record it.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.