Virus Scan Keeps Freezing

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by SlapnutSkits, Jan 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. apm

apm Registered Member

In 2.7.39 Amon enabled all options even not that slow down happens as V3 with default settings, ekrn just sometimes use high cpu when using windows normally which 2.7.39 doesn't, using V3 will sometimes feel lag.

2. bdcrlsn

bdcrlsn Registered Member

I used Nod32 3.0 for about a month, and I had to get rid of it. City of Heroes started to act up, the sound effects/music skipping and looping like a broken record. I thought it had to do with my new graphics drivers, since I had upgraded from nVidia to ATI, but I noticed that my computer was sluggish, even when not doing anything but browsing folders. I checked the task manager and egui.exe was using 100% of one of my cores and it wasn't even doing a on-demand scan. To see if it was because of my browsing, I walked away from the machine for 15 minutes and came back and saw that egui.exe was still using 100% of one of the cores.

It made me mad to get rid of it because I paid for it, but since going back to a free AV, all the problems stopped.

3. Joliet Jake

Joliet Jake Registered Member

You can still use V2.7 as your license covers it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.