Virus Question

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Decapad, Oct 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Decapad

Decapad Registered Member

o_O Good Day, I just ran the free Kaspersky online scan & the results it gave was I had 2 files infected with the Nimda.e virus-worm.
    I did have the Nimda virus in 2002, but removed it. Kaspersky online is the only scan that shows I have Nimda. All the other online scans say the PC is virus free, Avast also says virus free. I tried the Nimda removal tool from Symantec & it showed no Nimda virus.
    Here is the actual Kaspersky Scan Results:

First Case:

C:\Documents and Settings\Dennis\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.pst/Personal Folders/Deleted Items/31 Jul 2002 00:01:/Microsoft/Windows NT/CurrentVersion02 track /sample.exe Infected: Net-Worm.Win32.Nimda.e

Second Case:

C:\Documents and Settings\Dennis\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.pst Infected: Net-Worm.Win32.Nimda.e

So I am wondering who to believe in this conflict, I am sure some of you have experienced this before. Many thanks for your time & help! Deca

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

You have it sitting backed up within Microsoft Outlook in your "Deleted items" folder.

Cheers :D

3. Decapad

OK - What should I do?

4. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

The detection is correct, just delete everything from the "Deleted items" folder in outlook.

5. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    The "Deleted Items" folder in mail programs is much like the Recycle Bin on your desktop...it's really just another folder, just because files are moved there...does not mean they're gone.

KAV may be picking up the virus, or a remnant of the virus that was left when it was supposedly removed a long time ago, like the mail subject line, or traces of the attatchment....either way, be safe and empty the trash.

6. Decapad

;) Great - tracked it down & permanently deleted it, Thanks to all of you for your help! D:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.