virus found again, after clean and quarantine

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by spanishjohnny, Dec 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spanishjohnny

spanishjohnny Registered Member

I am not sure what to do. The virus (Win32/Adware.ADON) that was found yesterday and put in quarantine, and I thought cleaned as it said it had done so. It has now found another one, exactly the same in the system restore, I didn't scan for this one it gave me a warning. So that went into quarantine.
    But I have just checked my personal firewall to find two attempts at ICMP flooding attacks and unexpected data in protocol, all of these happened yesterday.
    Yet I have ran Malawarebytes (deep clean) and Spybot, and a full virus scan, and nothing else has been detected.
    This has been slightly worried indeed that something has buried itself deep and can't been got rid off.

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

3. drhu22

drhu22 Registered Member

Last edited: Dec 27, 2010
  4. nikanthpromod

nikanthpromod Registered Member

if u r on xp do this
    Go to Control panel-System-System restore tab-click turn off system restore- click apply- then remove tick of Turn off system restore - click apply.

5. spanishjohnny

spanishjohnny Registered Member

Thank you everyone. I hope that it now tucked away and will stay that way. I am annoyed though that it came from a program I have been using for over a year and my previous AV or Malawarebytes never picked it up.

6. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Then you are safe once again, since this one did also get moved into the Quarantine;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.