Virus exclusion reversible?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by strwberryiqourcake, Nov 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strwberryiqourcake

strwberryiqourcake Registered Member

I use nod32 4

If I should accidentaly open up quarantine and excluded a virus in that list from ever being detected. Does nod32 keep track of this and can it be reversed?

I had my quarantine window open en sometimes I blindly mistype outside a text-field. So I'm freakin paranoid right now I might have done something to perhaps select/restore and exclude from scanning a virus/trojan. Bc I counted 46 entries and now it;s only 45 o_O

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

It's not possible to exclude malware within Quarantine.

3. strwberryiqourcake

strwberryiqourcake Registered Member

I see that now. The exclusion option is greyed out in the context menu. But there is a "restore option" available though. What if I accidentaly hit restore because I count 45 threats quarantined instead of 46 I counted rearlier. How will I know which folder or file to scan/delete ?

(yes I'm an idiot, but help would be appreciated right now)

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Restoration of quarantined files is not logged at all. However, after selecting "Restore" from the right-click context menu, another prompt window with action confirmation will pop up so it's highly unlikely one could restore a file from Quarantine in error.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.