Virus: Contravirus

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Dude527, Jun 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dude527

Dude527 Registered Member

Has anybody ever heard of Contravirus?

If so I would like some tips on how to get rid of it, since NOD32 seems to be failing.

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Hello,

u have already been given some advice over here,

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1021978&postcount=6

If NOD32 is not to your satisfaction try posting a HijackThis log at one of the forums listed in that post. Another good forum for this is here,

http://forum.gladiator-antivirus.com/index.php?showtopic=10517

The malware experts there will analyse yor log and give u recommendations on potential malware removal.

snowbound

3. Dude527

Yes I have already been given advice but part of the advice was to post here too, just to see if anyone else here could help me with Contravirus or has experienced it before.

4. Dude527

NOD32 didn't detect it

NOD32 didn't detect Contravirus as a virus so I have decided to kill these manually, but ran into an issue... some of the files are not in my local drive!!!! Instead of the file being C:\program files\contravirus\ is was software\contravirus\installid, and I have been searching my computer for hours, found no "software\", only "C:\". Does anybody know how to get into the software?

5. TonyKlein

TonyKlein Security Expert

By the looks of it, that's probably not a file but a Registry key or value, which is why you're unable to find it on your drive.

Try this first:

Copy the text inside the 'Quote' box to Notepad, and save in a location of your choice as Fix.reg (make sure you save as type: 'all files')

Doubleclick Fix.reg, and answer yes when prompted to add its contents to the Registry.

See whether that helps

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.