Virtual Box

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by Chuck57, May 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,

I have used VMware on a machine with as little as 512MB ram and it worked fine. On my full-power testing machines with 2GB ram each (one with dual core), things just fly.

One of the major impediments to smooth virtualization is the anti-virus program. You should use none or one that does not cripple the system when running virtualizations.

Mrk

2. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Thanks for the update. Just downloaded it myself. I kept the last copy in case there was some need for it but haven't bothered with it in some time now. Maybe now i will again. LoL

3. SystemJunkie

SystemJunkie Resident Conspiracy Theorist

Loool, yes e.g. GDATA or Symantec, Kaspersky has improved but still likes to slow down.. our dear klif.sys and soooo many kernel32 hoooks

VBOX is great, it works like a charm. (hint: dualcore users enable ioapic otherwise black screen) I only use it. I even forgot VMWare. Virtual PC has a major advantage it is damn fast and is able to directly copy paste between real sys. But if you owns terratec soundcards or are infected with blue pill or any bad polymorphic sh*t Virtual PC doesn´t work. You first have to find the bad driver disable it then Virtual PC works fine, icompat issues are high with virtualpc.

4. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

I have always read that VMWare is still the best, so I never bothered to install VirtualBox. But I´m surprised that VB comes in a lot smaller package, and I also wonder if it´s perhaps less secure? Btw, I read that it now has a new feature named "seamless Windows", what is this all about?

http://liquidat.wordpress.com/2007/09/03/virtualbox-15-released-with-seamless-windows-integration/

5. SystemJunkie

SystemJunkie Resident Conspiracy Theorist

hm, I actually uses v.1.4 I did not test v.1.5. may be a security risk this seamless integration, I don´t know on the other hand virtual pc uses similar methods.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.