Vipre?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by tomdy2k, Jul 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomdy2k

tomdy2k Registered Member

Not much on Vipre here..I got Kaspersky thought of maybe re-installing Vipre with Secureanywher, or would you say just keep what you have?

I'm always trying stuff..what a doofus.:eek:

2. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Morning! Tomdy2k...ever since GFI purchased Sunbelt...and Vipre...it's been dismal. But hope springs eternal...take it for a test drive and update us too your opinion...who knows they might have initiated some improvements. Sincerely...Securon

3. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

basically almost gone nowadays. i hope they can make a comeback but ever since the gfi thing ... yeah....

4. tomdy2k

tomdy2k Registered Member

I was wondering why it was scoring so low...now I get it..:(

5. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

Its pretty sad as they were under sunbelt they were rocketing to the top

6. Securon

Good Afternoon! Well...when I saw that improvement in the product was virtually non existent...I aligned myself with Eset...and haven't looked back. I've experienced nothing but Good things coming from Eset...low footprint...extremely well engineered...and superb reliability. That's all that anyone needs. And too add to GFI's woes...you have the Chinese giving away Superb Product...amazing the rapidity of change within the space of six months! Sincerely...Securon

7. dodiglenn

dodiglenn Registered Member

tomdy2k, Securon, Ibrad and zfactor,

Earlier this year, GFI Software spun-out its security business, and a new company, ThreatTrack Security, was established. ThreatTrack Security is completely independent from GFI, which has enabled us to completely refocus on our malware defense solutions, most notably VIPRE. As someone who has been working on VIPRE since the Sunbelt days, I am extremely excited about the opportunity to once again focus 100% on our VIPRE products. We have many initiatives underway to strengthen the performance and effectiveness of VIPRE, which is evident in our consistent progress in all the major tests over the last few months. I encourage everyone who was fan of VIPRE in the past to check us out again. It is our mission to re-earn your trust.

Feel free to reach out to me directly at dodi.glenn [at] threattrack [.] com

Best wishes,

Dodi Glenn
    Director of Security Intelligence
    ThreatTrack Security

8. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

I never considered their scores to be too bad?

9. Fly

Fly Registered Member

Are VIPRE updates still so incredibly slow ?

It has been ages since I used the product but as I recall updates used to take forever. And if you had not updated your machine for a while you had to do a full update, which took longer than forever !

10. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

I really like the Ad-Aware Free Antivirus+ which use the Vipre scan engine. I can't comment on detection rates as I don't have a malware collection to test it against. But I like that quick scans only take seconds to complete.

However, the new v11 of Ad-Aware which is still in beta so far has changed the scan engine to BitDefender.

11. Securon

Good Afternoon! I sent an e-mail to Dodi at Threat Track outlining the areas of opportunity in improving Vipre. Myself I will wait until Version 7.0 is released. But it's encouraging that it seems the attitude and approach at Threat Track,is no pun intended on the Right Track. Sincerely...Securon

12. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

13. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

I have the beta switch turned on for updates. Got the GUI advising there was an update. Apparently, this v7.0.1.11 needs .NET Framework v4.0...

ScreenShot_Vipre_update_v7.0.1.11_11.gif

14. Securon

Good Morning! Just re-installed Vipre...and the updates seem to be introduced at quicker intervals...and overall the app seems too be much more stable in it's interaction with the rest of my system. I'm using the Hips component of the firewall...and it has been responsive...in it's operation. So overall it's still too early to jump to conclusions...but so far so good. Sincerely...Securon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.