vipre

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by element119, Feb 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. element119

element119 Registered Member

i got tired of waiting for tests to come out. so i just ordered the home site license to try it out. my sub was up with eset.
    the only thing i notice so far is after the desktop appears it takes a little longer (than nod32) to be useable, but after that you cant even tell its running. definition updates dont seem to slow windows down either.
    one of the reasons i switched was because of the way Alex handles the internet. very open.
    i was impressed by his keynote: http://sunbeltblog.blogspot.com/2008/10/virus-bulletin-2008-keynote-address.html
    hopefully tests will come out soon to confirm i made a wise choice or else i'll just burry my head in the sand. o_O

2. Ronin12

Ronin12 Registered Member

I have tested VIPRE quite a bit and it seemed to be fairly decent in it's performance and not heavy at all running on different systems. I think there is still some work to be done but it seems like the company is on the right track. I do agree also that Alex seems to be personable and open to providing information not only about Sunbelt's products but also about other pertinent information. They have some interesting technology enhancements that they will be adding to VIPRE in the near future. Hopefully they can improve their compatibility with certain anti malware software. Only time will tell with how they perform in the big antivirus tests, but they should be improving continuously and it will only get better. If you like the software and it is performing well on your system then you did not make a bad choice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.