VIP Support?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Montmorency, Jan 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Montmorency

Montmorency Registered Member

Hello.

I am considering using Panda Cloud free 2.0 when the final version comes out.
    I decided to go to the forums to ask for some previous information and I noticed a couple of things that I consider somewhat strange.
    First there are two forums; one for the Cloud AV and the other for the regular AV and IS. I know they are quite different products but why have a pandasecurity.com forum and a cloudantivirus.com forum? I've always seen all products from a given vendor accessible from the same support page, through menus and sub-menus.
    The other thing is that at the Cloud AV forums there is a Free Support and a VIP Support; but you can only access the later if you own a Pro license. Again, this is the first time I see such a thing. Personally it doesn't give me much confidence when I cannot post questions/doubts about a program and I can't even read other's experiences.

I'd like to hear your opinions.

Regards.

2. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

Two separate product lines, and to have a VIP support for PRO, they would need to have a second forum for Panda Cloud. I think it also lessens any confusion there might be concerning the products.

The main difference is: Free support is only english, while VIP is multiligual. It is one of the "advantages" of PRO.

Did you try? It is possible to read other's experiences, if your only trying to view the free forum. Like most forums, you have to register in order to post questions/doubts.

I think it will be a while before 2.0 final is out. Go on, give 1.5.x a try! Our Pandas only bite malware and hackers. ;)

Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
  3. Montmorency

Hi Cloud, thanks for the answer.

I'm registered at the "Free Support" forums, as I am at countless other forums.
    And that's exactly the point: it's the first time I bump into an AV forum where I have to pay only to access it. It makes no sense even in commercial terms.
    After all, a forum is supposed to be your first line of help; the second beeing direct technical support.
    Maybe Panda found a new approach here. I hope I'm the only one who fails to grasp it.

4. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

I can say that most tend to use the Free half, even PRO users, despite having access to both. Quite a few security companies have paid tech support, and I think MBAM has priority support.

VIP is 24x7 multilingual tech support, which is ran mainly by the Official Mods (Panda employees). In a way, I suppose it does make sense.

5. Montmorency

Hummm... in that way it makes some sense, yes.
    Thanks.

6. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

You're welcome! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.