viewing files in linux partition images

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by adrianwb, Oct 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adrianwb

adrianwb Registered Member

I'm evaluating the trial version and am impressed - one more thing though - is there any way to view files within a linux disk image? Obviously windows explorer won't work, but...

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

The current version of Acronis True Image doesn't allow you to explore images of linux partitions.

Thank you.

--
    Best regards,
    Andrew Berezovsky

3. jd2004

jd2004 Guest

Hi,

Is the feature, browsing an image created on a linux system, still comming?

Or is it a limitation of the filessytem i use? I currently use a ReiserFS filesystem.

Thanks,

jD

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jd2004,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Our Development Team is working on this option (exploring images of linux partitions under Windows) and it is expected to be implemented in the future.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

5. wshillington

wshillington Registered Member

Hi:

I really like the idea of being able to mount and take a look the the Linux backup files. If that were to be done in a later version I would probably put my money where my mouth is and purchase it. I was very dissapointed the version I bought could not do it.

Bryce

6. wdormann

wdormann Registered Member

Though not natively, it should be possible. I've restored files from a ReiserFS partition from within Windows. Other filesystems should work too. See my post in this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.