(very) Small Business which NOD to buy?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by buckZor, Jul 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buckZor

buckZor Registered Member

Loyal NOD32 customer. We use Biz edition at work. I want to get NOD32 on the systems at my wife's coffee shop. They have 2 desktop computers and 1 server in the back that runs windows server 2003. They don't have much money to spend..

Fry's has 3-user NOD32 on sale this weekend for 39.99. Can I get them going with that? Will the "server" require business edition? If thats the case... whats the cheapest way to get 1 license of business edition for their "server"?

Please advise, love to get them off free antivirus and go with NOD32!

2. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

your server OS will require business edition - or - you can install the rather dated 2.7 verison.

A 5-user business-pack is your best bet if you want all-around protection including the server from the latest and greatest version.

3. jimwillsher

jimwillsher Registered Member

Try to push for the five-user Business option, it'll cover your server AND cover you for the future.

4. webyourbusiness

and 2.7 is going to end-of-life...

5. buckZor

Well, I bought them the 3-user pack at Fry's this weekend for their Desktop systems and got it installed. Can I just buy a single license for their Server? and if so.. where?

6. Brambb

Brambb Registered Member

Server operating systems require the business edition to install. The business edition is only sold for with a minimum of 5 licenses.

You can install v2.7 which still is supported and being updated till FEB 2012. Or perhaps ask your reseller to make a exception for your license. Maybe they can give you the business edition for you to install on the server cause the UN/PW will most likely work anyway and you don't really need the administration server for two clients.

7. buckZor

Where do you find the older version?

8. kocak_gober

kocak_gober Registered Member

9. nonoise

nonoise Registered Member

Virus Signature Database updates for NOD32 Antivirus 2.7 will be discontinued on February 1, 2012.

10. webyourbusiness

The single server license is $150 in the USA - which is exactly why I suggested the $164.95 5-user business pack... or - run the 2.7 which will be end of life in a few months.

As indicated - finding the download will be fun.

I deal with this every day - sorry - I recommended the 5-user business pack for very good reason - because if you're going try and do the server separately, you're going to spend ALMOST as much as the entry level 5-user business pack - and then deal with 2 different username/passwords and expiration dates... how much is your time worth??

Should have bought the 5-user business pack... oh well.

11. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

You might want to contact ESET's sales department directly and see if you can upgrade your existing license.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

12. webyourbusiness

Home packs can't be upgraded into Business - or so I've been told about 500 times in the last 6 years or so - but hey - the answer might be different if you spend $100 with ESET as opposed to the kind of money we spend....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.