Very slow recovery times and Acronis Supports response.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Faust, Aug 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K0LO

K0LO Registered Member

Faust:

Fortunately the black screen is an easy fix. What surprises me is that your first build, which was done to a location in "My Documents" actually worked.

The issue with the black screen is a permissions issue. When WinBuilder compiles the VistaPE image, the permissions from the build folder are inherited by the final build. Since you built to a folder in "My Documents" the build would inherit your user permissions when instead it needs to have system permissions.

The fix is to move the WinBuilder folder to the root of the directory structure; for example, at C:\WinBuilder. Just cut and paste it from where it's currently located to C:\, then repeat the build process and then VistaPE should boot correctly.

2. Faust

Faust Registered Member

Thanks Mark, you're not just a pretty face are you? The suggested fix worked a treat - many thanks. I had to confess to being somewhat bemused having gone from a disk that worked albeit with 21 errors to one with none which didn't work. However, having thought about it your suggested fix was a logical one. The three warnings as I said previously were two for the Vista DVD which I didn't use and the other one was of poor grammar something about cannot and find drivers, whatever that might be or something very similar?

What I didn't realise until tonight was that the VistaPE disk is not tied to the one computer but in fact works or at least boots up on all three of my Vista PC's - everyone else probably knows that and it's just me being thick.

3. K0LO

K0LO Registered Member

A lot of people also think that the VistaPE disk will only work on a Vista PC when, in fact, it doesn't care what OS is installed on your machine. It'll work on your XP PC, or your Linux PC, or whatever your machine runs.

I find it to be a better recovery environment than BartPE because it has more hardware support natively. While you can almost always get BartPE to support your new hardware you may have to resort to compiling drivers into the build. Vista, since it is newer than XP (BartPE is XP-based), has thousands of newer drivers built in already.

VistaPE has worked on every PC that I've tried it on so far.

I'm glad that you were successful at last. Now you've got a good tool for recovering TI images (and fixing PCs that won't boot).

4. Faust

Faust Registered Member

That's due in no small part to the helpful and knowledgeable people like yourself Mustang and MudCrab that have held my hand (metaphorically speaking) through the entire process of making this disk. I really couldn't have done it without all of you and I have to say it does give one a certain feeling of satisfaction in knowing that I will no longer have to wait for 17 agonising hours for a recovery to complete. I don't mind telling you it was most stressful and all I could think about was that it would be just my luck for us to have a power cut at 16 hours and 55 minutes :argh:

5. Earthling

Earthling Registered Member

Nice to see someone else spelling agonise the 'proper' way. Our American friends are determined to assert their independence by, inter alia, sticking a z wherever there should be an s ;)

I have to say though that if this forum is typical, Americans spell their version of English rather better than the average forum contributor does in the UK! Alarmingly, if you are a Brit anyway, most of those in the UK who can't spell (which seems to be nearly everyone under 30) use a spellchecker but then fail to set UK English as the default dictionary. So if that continues American English will become the norm anyway :argh:

However, it seems we English speaking ppl are all actually doomed to end up speaking German and it's all in this draft EC Directive -

The European Commission has just announced an agreement that English will be the official language of the EU, rather than German (the other possibility).

As part of the negotiations, Her Majesty’s Government conceded that English spelling had some room for improvement and has accepted a 5-year phase-in of new rules which would apply to the language and re-classify it as “EuroEnglish (EE).

The agreed plan is as follows:

In year 1, the soft “c” would be replaced by “s”. Sertainly, this will make the sivil servants jump with joy. The hard “c” will be replased by “k”. This should klear up konfusion and keyboards kan now have one less letter.

There will be growing publik enthusiasm in the sekond year, when the troublesome “ph” is replased by “f”. This will reduse the word “fotograf” by 20%.

In the 3rd year, publik akseptanse of the new spelling kan be expekted.

To reach the stage where more komplikated changes are possible, Governments will enkourage the removal of double letters, which have always ben a deterent to akurate speling. Also, al wil agre that the horible mes of the silent ”e”s in the language is digrasful and they should eliminat them.

By year 4, peopl wil be reseptiv to lingwistik korektions, such as replasing “th” with “z” and “w” with “v” (saving mor keyboard spas).

During ze fifz year, ze unesesary “o” kan be dropd from vords kontaining “ou” and similar changes vud of kors be applid to ozer kombinations of leters.

After zis fifz year, ve vil hav a reli sensibil riten styl. Zer vil be no mor trubls or difikultis and evrirun vil find it ezi to understand ech ozer.

ZE DREM VIL FINALI KUM TRU.

6. Faust

Faust Registered Member

Very droll Earthling very droll, many a true word spoken in jest eh? I have seen that extract before and it always amuses me. I have to say though that the standard of spelling in the UK appalls me, especially by young people and I think txting has a lot to answer for as do certain so called experts who say it doesn't matter if someone spells meet when the mean meat or weather when they mean whether. Well it matters to me and I get really angry when people start pandering to the lowest common denominator. Some of the correspondence we receive at work takes my breath away as we now have txt speak creeping into formal business letters.

This post has nothing to do with Acronis products I know but someone started me off on one - rant over! :rolleyes:

7. HoangSa

HoangSa Registered Member

I got the following error message while creating VistaPE with Acronis True Image 10 boot disk. Does anyone know what the problems are? Thanks.

HoangSa

FileCopy - Failed to copy [%BaseDir%\Temp\VistaPE\InstallWimSrc\Windows\System32\browser.dll] to: [%BaseDir%\Target\VistaPE\Windows\System32]
    FileCopy - Failed to copy [%BaseDir%\Temp\VistaPE\InstallWimSrc\Windows\System32\lanman.drv] to: [%BaseDir%\Target\VistaPE\Windows\System32]
    FileCopy - Failed to copy [%BaseDir%\Temp\VistaPE\InstallWimSrc\Windows\System32\netman.dll] to: [%BaseDir%\Target\VistaPE\Windows\System32]
    FileCopy - Failed to copy [%BaseDir%\Temp\VistaPE\InstallWimSrc\Windows\System32\netprof.dll] to: [%BaseDir%\Target\VistaPE\Windows\System32]
    FileCopy - Failed to copy [%BaseDir%\Temp\VistaPE\InstallWimSrc\Windows\System32\nlasvc.dll] to: [%BaseDir%\Target\VistaPE\Windows\System32]
    FileCopy - Failed to copy [%BaseDir%\Temp\VistaPE\InstallWimSrc\Windows\System32\samsrv.dll] to: [%BaseDir%\Target\VistaPE\Windows\System32]
    FileCopy - Failed to copy [%BaseDir%\Temp\VistaPE\InstallWimSrc\Windows\System32\sens.dll] to: [%BaseDir%\Target\VistaPE\Windows\System32]
    FileCopy - Failed to copy [%BaseDir%\Temp\VistaPE\InstallWimSrc\Windows\System32\shrpubw.exe] to: [%BaseDir%\Target\VistaPE\Windows\System32]
    FileCopy - Failed to copy [%BaseDir%\Temp\VistaPE\InstallWimSrc\Windows\System32\srvsvc.dll] to: [%BaseDir%\Target\VistaPE\Windows\System32]
    FileCopy - Failed to copy [%BaseDir%\Temp\VistaPE\InstallWimSrc\Windows\System32\sscore.dll] to: [%BaseDir%\Target\VistaPE\Windows\System32]
    FileCopy - Failed to copy [%BaseDir%\Temp\VistaPE\InstallWimSrc\Windows\System32\Drivers\srv2.sys] to: [%BaseDir%\Target\VistaPE\Windows\System32\Drivers]
    FileCopy - Failed to copy [%BaseDir%\Temp\VistaPE\InstallWimSrc\Windows\System32\Drivers\srv.sys] to: [%BaseDir%\Target\VistaPE\Windows\System32\Drivers]
    FileCopy - Failed to copy [%BaseDir%\Temp\VistaPE\InstallWimSrc\Windows\System32\Drivers\srvnet.sys] to: [%BaseDir%\Target\VistaPE\Windows\System32\Drivers]
    FileCopy - Failed to copy [%BaseDir%\Temp\VistaPE\InstallWimSrc\Windows\System32\en-US\shrpubw.exe.mui] to: [%BaseDir%\Target\VistaPE\Windows\System32\en-US]
    FileCopy - Failed to copy [%BaseDir%\Temp\VistaPE\InstallWimSrc\Windows\System32\en-US\browser.dll.mui] to: [%BaseDir%\Target\VistaPE\Windows\System32\en-US]
    FileCopy - Failed to copy [%BaseDir%\Temp\VistaPE\InstallWimSrc\Windows\System32\en-US\netman.dll.mui] to: [%BaseDir%\Target\VistaPE\Windows\System32\en-US]
    FileCopy - Failed to copy [%BaseDir%\Temp\VistaPE\InstallWimSrc\Windows\System32\en-US\netprof.dll.mui] to: [%BaseDir%\Target\VistaPE\Windows\System32\en-US]
    FileCopy - Failed to copy [%BaseDir%\Temp\VistaPE\InstallWimSrc\Windows\System32\en-US\nlasvc.dll.mui] to: [%BaseDir%\Target\VistaPE\Windows\System32\en-US]
    FileCopy - Failed to copy [%BaseDir%\Temp\VistaPE\InstallWimSrc\Windows\System32\en-US\sens.dll.mui] to: [%BaseDir%\Target\VistaPE\Windows\System32\en-US]
    FileCopy - Failed to copy [%BaseDir%\Temp\VistaPE\InstallWimSrc\Windows\System32\en-US\shrpubw.exe.mui] to: [%BaseDir%\Target\VistaPE\Windows\System32\en-US]
    FileCopy - Failed to copy [%BaseDir%\Temp\VistaPE\InstallWimSrc\Windows\System32\en-US\sscore.dll.mui] to: [%BaseDir%\Target\VistaPE\Windows\System32\en-US]

FileCopy - Failed to copy [C:\Program Files\Acronis\TrueImageHome\fox.dll] to: [%BaseDir%\Target\VistaPE\Windows\system32]
    DirMove - Failed to move directory [%BaseDir%\Target\VistaPE\Windows] to: [%BaseDir%\Target\VistaPE\boot.tmp]
    StrFormat - Failed to convert [bytes] because [%sizeISO%] value is not valid:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.