Very slow (days) backup

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by hansa, Dec 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hansa

hansa Registered Member

I am using the "Acronis True Image 8.0 Corporate Workstation 15 days trial" version at my company to get the feel of it before buying. If I back up to another pc across the network, the full backup takes a few hours. If I back up to a Snap Server 2000 configured as raid 1 (mirror), the same backup takes about 4 days (that is also what TI predicts). In order check transfer speed to the Snap Server from my computer I copied a single 283 MB file to it. That worked out to be about 212 MB/min. That tells me that all is ok.

When TI 8 CW is backing up my computer to the same Snap Server, the transfer speed was about 4.7 KB/min.

The full backup attempt was both partitions together (whole drive). C-Drive is FAT32, 6.5GB used, 25.5GB Free. E-Drive is NTFS, 22.3GB used, 25.7GB free.

Any ideas on what to do?

TI 8 CW Ver. - 1,158
    OS - Win Xp SP2 - Dual Boot (98SE/XP)
    CPU 800 MHz
    RAM - 512 MB
    WD HD - 80 GB

Last edited: Dec 29, 2005
  2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello hansa,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Remote Workstation Disk Backup Software.

Please accept my apologies for the delay with the response.

Firs of all, please re-download the free trial version of Acronis True Image 8.0 Corporate Workstation from our web site. It will be the latest (1213) build.

If the problem still persists with the latest build (1213) of the free trial version of Acronis True Image 8.0 Corporate Workstation then please provide us with the following information:

- Create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post for both machines: the workstation you are backing up and the server you save your image to;

- Create new Bootable Rescue CD after installing build 1213 of the free trial version of Acronis True Image 8.0 Corporate Workstation, boot your workstation from this CD, try to create an image saving it to the network share located on the Snap Server 2000 once more and see if the problem still persists. Inform us about the results;

- Describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.