Very happy with TI2009

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Ade 1, Apr 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ade 1

Ade 1 Registered Member

Yes - you read correctly. Been using Acronis TI for years and on some occasions really saved my skin when my hard drives failed. Restoring my PC from my backup image using the bootable cd was painless and worked.

Been using TI2009 since it was released on Vista x64 and have experienced no issues whatsoever with it. It backups when I ask it to, allows me to mount my backups, scheduled back ups work without fail.

From looking through this forum it is filled with people who have problems but no one actually says 'thank you' for a great product. I accept it's a support forum and is here to predominantly solve problems but whenever I see a negative product review about TI2009 they always end with 'if you don't believe me go and look at all of the issues people are having on their support forum!'. How many users are there in the whole world who use TI2009? Compared to the number of people who post on this forum with problems I would hazard a guess that's it's a mere drop in the ocean. Don't get me wrong - I do feel for those who have problems and cannot get it to work the way it should and feel like they're banging their heads against a wall sometimes - but the way this forum is used by others as a way of making out that every user who has TI2009 has a problem is just misleading.

So here I am to say 'thank you' to Acronis for this great product - and I'm just waiting for the negative responses to come flooding in - 'you're one of the lucky ones', 'just wait til you try and restore' etc. etc.

PS. I have to say though, I do find the responses from Acronis to users responses on these forums very formulaic. Every email has the same beginning 'Thank you for.....' followed by a series of spelling mistakes and bad English. It reminds me of Norton live chat support where it's blatantly obvious they are just reading out questions from a piece of paper and depending on your response the next question will be A or B. I guess I'm pleased that I haven't had to approach support yet!

Last edited: Apr 20, 2009
  2. slimm

slimm Registered Member

I would also like to add my kudos. I had a hard drive failure just 20 mins ago. Luckily, my backup schedule ran this morning. I've always backed up and made sure that my rescue CD worked but never attempted a trial restore. Rebooted with the rescue CD, restored the backup to a 500GB hard drive that I have on hand for just such a scenario and 20 mins later I'm back. I may have been lucky but at any rate I would like to say. THANK YOU Acronis. Now to order another 500GB :)

3. jehosophat

jehosophat Registered Member

There is no way ATI 2009 can be described as a "great product".

How on earth can a bug ridden program where you get support after weeks or months of waiting be described as "a great product"?

The basics work and have rescued me but only after I put in more time learning how the program actually worked rather than how it was supposed to work.

Yes I am thankfull that it worked but I did pay for a backup program.

It not as adverted though.
    Reviews in some PC magazines have been very scathing.

The forums by very nature are for people asking for help.

If it was a "great product" there would be no need for a forum. Instead there would be a fan club or a queue to work for Acronis.

So thanks Acronis! But if you want praise then fix the bugs BEFORE you release another version.

4. tonyseeking

tonyseeking Former Poster

+1

Trueimage has ALWAYS worked great for me too. The best product I ever bought. NO regrets ever. The best product I ever invested in and has saved me too many times to count.

Those who keep complaining are people who complain about everything and everyone anyway. They can't help themselves, it's a deep part of their nature to just complain complain complain, even if they have to make things up... that's their way to get long sought attention I just ignore them :argh:

5. Ade 1

Ade 1 Registered Member

I agree with what you say but I feel there are people who have genuine problems yet there are some posts who complain about the program where clearly the poster just has no idea about how to use it and/or just hasn't bothered to read the help files.

I called it a 'great product' from my personal viewpoint as I stated it has saved me a number of times in the past where the mere thought of reinstalling the OS from scratch then all the programs then tweaking it to how I have it doesn't even bear thinking about.

People complain about bugs in the program yet I and obviously the other posters on this thread (bar 1) haven't experienced any. But as with any product and with the vast amount of different setups there will always be those who have problems. But for me top marks! :thumb:

6. jehosophat

I hope that you all enjoyed last years Acronis Christmas Staff Party. ;)

lol

7. Ade 1

Ade 1 Registered Member

Yeah it was great.....you should have been there.:cautious:

In fact, weren't you the one stood outside freezing to death looking in seeing us all having so much fun and wishing one day you might work for Acronis?!

8. jehosophat

lol :)

Yeah I was Santa outside but I didnt come in with any presents as no one had been good.

Have a great day. :)

9. Maxwell 1

Maxwell 1 Registered Member

He may not be so Happy this Christmas, as Windows 7 has its on backup program. So Windows 7users wont need Acronis anymore. Oh happy day

10. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Interesting .... have you been able to put this to the test?

11. Maxwell 1

Maxwell 1 Registered Member

Yes I have backed up Windows 7, with the backup program that comes with Windows 7. I used DVD's with no problem. I proceded to wipe the hard drive, after that I used the Boot DVD , then inserted the backup dvd works fine. Windows will release RC 1 on May 5, plan to download it and try.And if Microsoft keeps the download program I will certainly purchase it. At least it will work without all the hassel that I have had with Acronis 2009. Just my 2 cents worth , to each his own.

12. Ade 1

Ade 1 Registered Member

If that's the case with Windows 7 and it has the functionality of a paid backup program (e.g. full system, incrementals etc.) then I'll be happy to use that instead of Acronis or any other backup program. Whatever works best.

(Good one about Santa by the way!)

13. Byte

Byte Registered Member

Vista Ultimate has full backup too! Tad pricey but OEM copies are affordable. And with W7 prices starting at $199...yikes.

Byte

14. Ade 1

Ade 1 Registered Member

Didn't know that - using Home Premium here. Thanks anyway.

15. shieber

shieber Registered Member

There's nothing like anecdotal evidence when it comes to failing to evidence a point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.