Very frustrated

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ea3ot, Aug 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ea3ot

ea3ot Registered Member

I been using ATI 10, whit XP. long time.Never any problem,never!!. I emigrate to Vista Ultimate whit the same 10 and the problems have start, I finaly update to ATI 11, !! , well now the situation is even worst!!! I d.ont go to explain all the troubles and miserys this 11 make me. Im twice insecure now than if I d,ont use any recovery system on my PC. The 11 is like the lottery, you never knows... Well, away from my opinion, I think I have the situation more under control . but I still see the 11 takes a long time to detect the partitions and disk during the backups and even the recovery play the same game. Sorry for my english, Im from Spain. As I say, very frustrated and thinking to find another better software, I want to feel safe whit my PC.

2. K0LO

K0LO Registered Member

If you are using Vista SP1 then this problem may be caused by the "Distributed Link Tracking Client" service. Windows XP SP3 is also affected. You can safely disable the service by following the steps listed here. See post #10. See if partition detection goes faster with the service disabled.

Many of us prefer TI version 10 over version 11. What problems were you having with version 10 and Vista? Maybe we can help you get version 10 working successfully.

3. ea3ot

ea3ot Registered Member

Hi K0lo. I have made the changes as you suggest me,,, and now when I want to make a backup it takes more or less 30-40 seconds to find the disk o partitions, is much better. I get al caine of problems whit 11, My last backup been made in the begining of July, no problems, one copy in a external disk and another equal to the secure zone. In 11 of this month I decide to make a new backup ok? Whit any llitle advice the ATI 11 opens ok, but it was impossible to do nothing, But nothing. In one try after 10 minutes of waitting I finally It open the windows to can continue the proceees of backup. I ckeck everything till the end of the process and NO WAY, Error and more errors, Imposible to do nothing. I finally decide to clean my PC of ATI ll, and bingo, it was imposible to remove the progarm at any way!!! I clean manually whit the help of the Unlocker,,, what a disaster. I back to the 10, but somthing was wrong, In one moment and for some estrange reason I was able to make a recovery and I back to a few months ago.All very, very strange. morevover beacouse I dint make nothing on my pc from the latest backup. I back to 11 again jut to se what happens, and I am testing the ATI avery single day. But to be honest I have lost my confidence whit this software. Im an old user of XP ATI 10, and I have never get a problem before but Vista vs Acronis is a different history!!!

4. K0LO

K0LO Registered Member

ea3ot:

Sorry to hear of your continuing problems with TI 11. Acronis has released an cleanup utility that may be helpful in removing all traces of TI 11. I suggest running this program after you uninstall TI 11 and before installing TI 10.

TI 10 has worked very well for me on Vista SP1. I have done several restores and have found the program to work reliably.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.