VERY depressing Thanksgiving

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by Acadia, Nov 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

We had just finished the Holiday meal at my mother-in-laws when the phone rang. My brother-in-law was informed that their house was on fire:

http://www.dailyitem.com/archive/2003/1128/local/stories/04local.htm

The house can be rebuilt but his favorite dog was killed. :'(

Acadia

EDIT: Oh yeah, forgot to mention, Phil and Brenda got married just 5 days ago, this was their first Thanksgiving together; what a hell of a way to start a life together.

2. beetlejuice

beetlejuice Registered Member

:'( Oh man. That is a bad way to start the holiday season. I'm glad everybody is ok and no one got hurt. I'm really sorry about the dog. I know how he must feel. Loosing a cherished pet is just like loosing a family member because they are. Give your brother-in-laws family my best wishes.

3. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

I'm very sorry to hear that, Acadia.

I feel for them.

Regards,

Pieter

4. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Thanks all, I REALLY appreciate that. Here is another link with a rather depressing picture:

http://www.dailyitem.com

I'm assuming that the picture will only be there for 24 hours till tomorrows paper comes out.

Acadia

EDIT: My brother-in-law is a computer wiz who owns at least 4 computers. None were destroyed in the fire but all were smoke damaged, all black. Any suggestions that I can give him to see if any of them can be saved. They’re strapped for cash as it is and I’d hate to see him have to get yet another pc when he might to able to salvage one of his old ones. Thanks.

5. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Man not much one can really say there :oops:

Mostly just glad they weren't in the house, sleeping or something, when that happened. I certainly pray for their situation; and hope things may look brighter soon.

6. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

acadia,

That's bad news indeed; wish them all the best.

regards.

paul

7. JimIT

JimIT Registered Member

Acadia,

All the best to you and yours. Thoughts and prayers go with you guys...

8. libbo1

libbo1 Registered Member

My sympathies and prayers! having suffered thru the same . . . but with no loss of life! A monitored fire(heat) detector saved the structure!

9. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

:eek: :'(wow that suck about the dogy

and the house but a house can be replaced along with new memorys to build from

phil is lucky he didnt lose his significant other and that he can stil build new memorys with her.

id just be happy my loved one was with me

10. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Once again, thanks everyone. It now looks like they may have to put the surviving dog to sleep, that's the one in the picture. The vet says that the dog will probably live but he is pretty sure that the poor thing has suffered brain damage from lack of oxygen. Thanks again ... you know what, you all really are a great bunch of guys and gals.

Acadia

11. Dan Perez

Dan Perez Retired Moderator

I'm so sorry Acadia about the loss of the house and the dog(s). Its a steep price but like Blazey said, they have the opportunity to build a new life together and relish in their health and coming happiness together.

All the best to you and your family

12. Uguel707

Uguel707 Graphic Artist

What a terrible thing to happen anytime, :'( let alone on Thanksgiving. It is great though that Phil and Brenda are okay and can rebuild the house together. I'm sure it will strengthen their commitment to each other. I am so sorry about the dogs, like Beetlejuice, I know the heartache of losing a pet. It is very difficult by itself let alone with the loss of a home, please convey to them our strength and prayers.

Regards,

Uguel

13. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Acadia, i just read the news article.....i'm so sorry this happened to your family, and to lose the lab that had survived, just makes it sadder. i am glad that they were not hurt in the fire, and that is something to be very thankful for.

My condolences to your family and prayers and strength to get through this rough time. ((hug))

snap

14. solarpowered candle

solarpowered candle Registered Member

My thoughts and sympathy also . And ones heart can only go out in gentle prayer or thought to those of the animal kingdom , so often in life we forget how dear companions they are to us . Yet they also need our love and prayer also, so so often upon this journey .

15. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Bad day Acadia, so sorry.

Words don't always say it but our thoughts and best wishes go out to them.

Very best Regards, Cochise.

16. Peaches4U

Peaches4U Registered Member

Hi Acadia - sorry to read about the tragedy in your family. It is so sad to lose a pet, let alone two, as they are a part of the household. Condolences & prayers are extended to you & your family.

17. optigrab

optigrab Registered Member

Acadia

I'm really sorry to read such sad news. Hopefully better days are not too far off.

Optigrab

18. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Acadia

So sorry to hear this terrible news. :(
    Thank god no one was hurt but it is a tragedy to hear they lost their pet dog. :(

My prayers are with your brother-in-laws family.

I wish them all the best.

Take care

Snowbound

19. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Dear Acadia,

I too am so very sorry to hear about this :'(

The loss of the dear dogs and cats :'(
    The loss of the house ......

It's all so sad.
    And that on an holiday.
    An holiday that is supposed to be a party, and not such a tragedy.

I am so happy that Phil and Brenda were not at home and survived it all.
    Being just 5 days married, and then be confronted with this.
    I really do wish them all the best !!!

ALL my best wishes to your family and to you, Acadia !!!!!

Warm regards, Jan.

20. subratam

subratam Registered Member

sorry... and very sorry that i was not found in the thread giving my condolences to acadia but i was hacked and made to kneel down by someone i dunno ... i just went to connect net and all hell broke loose... and today i am in a cyber cafe as i was missing yall... and then i saw VERY depressing Thanksgiving.... hmmm my mom said me one thing.. when troubles come they come in bunch.. and i never saw the saying to be failing....
    acadia... few days back i lost my catty.... pets are nothing less than a fam member.... moreover i read in todays daily... a doggy saved a child from death by giving air to its mouth!!!! ya its tru....
    about Brenda and Phillip... i will re-narrate Uguel... time to understand and be with each other...
    all have been sympathesising with u.. i do too... and its sucking on my part... i speak it from my heart... not being able to help u by any way in reality but only by words only thoz i can.... now...
    b safe friend and make all others out there... feel... you and wilders are with them....
    God bless you, your bro, brenda phillip and all and all...
    take care

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.