Version 4 still not working well for me

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Martial, Jul 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Martial

Martial Registered Member

Hello
    I am now using version 3 of ESS because version 4 still buggy on my system:Vista 64 bits with 8 gigs ram
    Today for the third time ,and following Eset instructions, i have uninstalled version 3 and tried again to install version 4
    Installation and scanning for virus were ok
    The problem comes when i am using Internet Explorer : randomly Internet freeze or Explorer not respond and i must reset manually my computer (ctrl+ alt+del not working)
    I have installed-reinstalled version 4 two times before with the same problem
    After Vista SP2 and new Internet Explorer 8 i have decided to try again but the same problem occure now
    So back to version 3 which working perfectly
    I don't know what cause this but it makes me mad about ESS
    And my license is still valid until 2010-09-19

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Have you already generated a full memory dump and conveyed it to ESET for perusal? Otherwise we'll not be able to determine the cause of the freeze.

3. Martial

Martial Registered Member

Ooops i didn't think about it
    When it a new patch will come i will try again and see if the same problem occures If so i will copy the log for ESet
    I am sure it associate to the ESS because no other change in my system betweem the unstallation of version 3 and installation of version 4

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.