Version 2009 - Backupstore and consolidate

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by dhoeppel1, Dec 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dhoeppel1

dhoeppel1 Registered Member

Bad englisch=on

Hi!

I use acronis true image home 2008 with the backup store.

In the new 2009 version there is no backup store anymore. ;-(

For the daily backup with incremental I found the option consolidate.

But for the weekly full Image backup this don’t work resp. there is no option.
    E.g.: If I change the task I get the question: ‘do you want override?’

My single idea is use the incremental or different backup with the option: ‘Create new backup all 0 days.’
    Is that the right way or is there a better way?

Btw: I want for Backup of xyz only 50 GB space. (Like Backup store in 2008 ).
    Is consolidate the right function? What make this exactly?

E.g. I set the option to every 3 days a new backup and the Folder looks like that:
    20 GB, 1 GB, 1 GB, 20 GB, 1 GB, 1 GB …

What do the consolidate function?

1. Delete this only file until the file with same names less than 50 GB?
    2. Delete the function the oldest full backup an every ‘child’ of it?
    3. Or rewrite this function files and change information in it and the size?

thanks!

2. dhoeppel1

dhoeppel1 Registered Member

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello dhoeppel1,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Please be aware that by default there are no limits set and automatic consolidation is not performed. To enable automatic consolidation, you must select at least one of the limits and either leave its default value or change it according to your needs.
    If limits are set, then after creating a backup the program checks the archive for quota violations, such as exceeding a pre-set maximum number of gigabytes set aside for backups and, if any limitation is exceeded, consolidates the oldest backups. For example, if you’ve pre-set your archive to store 50GB of backup files and your backups reach 55GB, you have exceeded a quota and the system will respond automatically based on rules that you’ve already set. This operation creates a temporary file and thus requires disk space. Consider also that the quota must be violated so that the program can detect the violation. Therefore, to be able to consolidate the files, the program needs some space on the disk in excess of the archive quota. The extra amount of space can be estimated as the size of the largest backup in the archive.
    In case of setting a limit on the number of backups, the actual number of backups can exceed the maximum number of backups by one. This enables the program to detect quota violation and start consolidation. Similarly, if you pre-set a backups storage period, for example, 30 days, the program will start consolidation when the oldest backup is stored for 31 days.

I would also recommend you to check if there is regional version of our website available in your language, and check the respective chapter of the User's Guide. For example, it's chapter 5.10 "Automatische Konsolidierung einstellen" in the German version of the User's Guide.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.