verifying image

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Mal76, Mar 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mal76

Mal76 Registered Member

Hello All,
    I just created a full backup image using the TI boot disk.
    The image was made with 635MB files.
    Having made the image I am asked if I wish to verify the image.
    Here's the question there are 13 files do I need to verify every one which is time consuming.
    The reason I raise this question is because if I put these into one folder on my hard disk and open the folder, I am then able to explore the backup by opening one of the 635MB files.so I wonder if I am wasting my time checking every one of them in the list.
    Another small question is why in the list when you open the folder or if you are going to burn image to disk, that the order of the files starts for example 1..2..9..19..11..3..4 etc.
    It is different with other backups but always an end file/files is entered at the beginning of the list.Should they be burnt in that order. I have been adjusting it to 1-2-3-4-5-6.
    Thanks for any replies.
    Regards.
    Mal76

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Mal76,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

After you start the "Check Image" tool you may indicate any part of the image to be verified. Acronis True Image will automatically find all the necessary parts and check them all.

The way files are arranged in the folder depends on your folder settings rather than on Acronis True Image. If you burn these parts to CD please label each CD in accordance with the file names.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. Mal76

Mal76 Registered Member

Hi Ilya,
    Many thanks for your clear reply,
    Best Regards
    Mal76

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.