Verifying image - why?

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by sukarof, Sep 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Without a doubt.

Verifying "IS" important and not just against the surprises i mentioned but like you say, moving images to DVD can be disruptive and make for errors, not always, but can & does happen.

2. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

Perhaps i'm lucky,never verified, sofar no problems,main reason i guess is that SP is a trustworthy application.

3. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

That says a lot for the team who fashioned it wouldn't you say?

I believe this imaging technology might finally be coming into it's own after a rather lengthy run of trials, releases, and bug improvements over the years.

Ordinarily i would always recommend strongly against neglecting to verify, but some imaging developments are surely becoming more trustworthy programs than ever before.

I read the term mentioned in another thread of Auto-Pilot concerning SP. It's nothing short of complete relief that enough intelligence & knowledge is finally reached a higher more dependable quality and has now been integrated into such new programs.

I find even my own long-standing imaging app PARAGON is gone to some lengths themselves with vast improvements to eliminate what used to be occasional common frustrations but now i can set it and forget it, and not have to winch each time i reach to do a restore whether or not everything will gel as expected or not.

As for SP, i intend to also bring it onboard at some time in the near future. I guess we just can't live without something NEW & DECISIVE when it comes to software programs, especially imaging apps. :)

4. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

Yes Easter some app. has made long strides [incl. SP] to arrive at a point to be almost perfect,and don't forget these developpers owe something to us as we ordinary users constantly pointing to the bottlenecks in there app.in order to fix and thereby making it all the more better,so in a way its a shared project !

5. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Huppi. Hi.

A really good point you make. It is indeed a credit to membership users/customers like us that bring attention to potential as well as real difficulties experienced with these developer's programs, and in many ways, it's all of us who do (like you said), make possible the changes that greatly improve these programs by personally or collectively proving these releases, whether they carry the metal or not with our various configurations and the like.

I admire your use of the honest statement that in reality & practice, our efforts make it a "shared Project!"

6. nexstar

nexstar Registered Member

Let's not also forget that the verification mechanism should be simply the messenger in the whole process. You are reading data from one medium and writing it to another medium. You just want to know that what you have written is an exact copy.

Because the media we write to and the mechanisms used to write to that media are still not foolproof then there's always the chance of errors creeping in. These are tiny possibilites but then, someone wins the lottery every week and the chances of that are pretty slim as well :) .

Graham

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.