veracrypt partition volume malfunction

Discussion in 'encryption problems' started by rb76u, Jan 9, 2019.

1. rb76u

rb76u Registered Member

i had 2 drives in. 1 was empty and 1 was backup. i was in parted magic linux. i ran the partition editor and selected my empty disk. i created 1 100mb partition, 1 30gb partition, and left the rest alone or created another partition with it. i started windows installer, and installed windows to the empty 30gb partition. it never said anything about a 100mb partition being created for windows, which i thought was strange, but i thought it automatically used the one i created for it in parted magic, so i thought it was ok. i attempted to mount my backup partition veracrypt volume, and was told that it was in use. i eventually realized that it was labeled as active, under computer manager, and "system" was using it and preventing me from being able to mount it. i went in dos and marked it inactive, and rebooted. i was able to mount it, but it was empty. it said there was a corrupted header, and told me to restore it, so i did. it was still empty after remounting. i then decrypted it, and now i cant mount anything, and i cant open it in windows explorer because its not formatted. i have no idea what to do. but i need to restore this. feeling like i dont have much to live for anymore.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.