Ver 9 a cash grab before releasing a non-buggy ver 10?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by PiffleMaster, Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PiffleMaster

PiffleMaster Registered Member

Well, I tried version 9 again, and it's much better than late November. At least it loads now.
    But it's still painfully slower to do backups than version 8, (3 hours vs 40 minutes) and gave me enough hiccups that I had to reinstall it twice. :-(
    But, no lost data. :) So Far.

I'm feeling a little bitter 'cause I bought Ver 8 less than 6 months ago, then Ver 9 when it was released, only to find it's truly still in Beta. Why would they release such a pile of ... stuff?
    Going the way of the gates I guess. How much longer before bill buys them out?
    Windows ME ring any bells?

Last edited: Jan 4, 2006
  2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello PiffleMaster,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept my apologies for the delay with the response.

First of all, please make sure that you use the latest build (2337) of Acronis True Image 9.0 which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

Please uninstall any previously installed build by following Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs -> Acronis True Image, prior to installing build 2337.

Please also note that you should create new Bootable Rescue CD after installing the update.

If the problem still persists with the latest build (2337) of Acronis True Image 9.0 then please provide us with the following information:

- Create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post;

- What is the exact size of the data you are imaging?

- What is the exact size of the resulting image archive?

- How much time does it take exactly to create an image?

- Have you created a disk\partition image or a file-based backup?

- Where do you store your images?

- How much time does it take to create an image under the same conditions when your PC is booted from Bootable Rescue CD creates using the latest build (2337) of Acronis True Image 9.0?

- Describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.