ver 9, 2337, MESSAGES not adequate

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by aoz, Feb 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aoz

aoz Registered Member

dear support,
    I installed version 9.

I did a FILE backup, and a COMPARE.
    The final message was that "the operation was completed".

WHAT operation? It should tell me that I did a BACKUP, and more importantly, did a verify,and that both are completed.

Then, as I was not certain if I did the compare,I REDID the compare.
    Again, walked away, came back, it said "operation was completed".

PLEASE change your messages so that on the completion of ANY task, i t tells me what was done, so that
    1. I don't forget what I did
    2. more importantly, I will then know htat the machine did what I wanted it to do, and did it successfully.

thanks
    NIck

2. arf

arf Registered Member

I couldn't agree more. Why not just have an message, "something happened." or when there's an error, "Something bad happened"?

With the error messages, write to support they have several suggestions, like downloading their logging program, and system information program because the information we have to provide doesn't give them a clie either. This is a very frustrating waste of time.

I then have to go through the entire process of creating a failed backup again only to wait even longer for a response. I am glad I do get a response but if system info and logging were a feature in the product we'd be a lot better off.

Please, provide better diagnostic logs, and system info as part of the product.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello aoz and arf,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

Your collaboration on this matter is very much appreciated.

I've forwarded your suggestions to our Development Team and so the appropriate messages will probably be changed to the more informative ones in the future versions of a particular product, but exact time frame for this is not decided yet.

If you want us to change the behaviour of Acronis True Image in any way or add some new features to this product, please feel free to post any of your suggestions in Acronis True Image WISH-LIST thread.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

4. tachyon42

tachyon42 Registered Member

I wonder why one gets a successful completion message if one cancels an operation. Although I suppose it is comforting to know that the cancellation was successful :D

5. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Never cancel a Restore!

6. tachyon42

tachyon42 Registered Member

I've never tried to cancel a Restore.
    I've had 'successful' messages after cancelling while answering questions in a wizard prior to commiting the operation.
    Try the Cancel button in a few places and see how appropriate you think the message is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.