Vendors product claims expos'e

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by StevieO, Jun 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

Trjam you use a new AV every week :p So tech none of them have let you down :cool:

2. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

This is exactly what prevx users are trying to hide ;)

Couldn't say it better myself. Your post deserves a big :thumb:

3. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

Another big :thumb: for these posts.

4. vijayind

vijayind Registered Member

Technically speaking DefenseWall, GesWall and Sandboxie are probably the software that can protect you from any malware.
    Yet they don't discredit other vendors, but instead allow you, me and third party be the judge. As a result you find will find more post/threads going ga ga over Sandboxie than PrevX.

Food for thought, IMO.

PS: If you come profitable and a marginally big player. I am willing to bet that lawyers from at least Symantec and McAfee will coming knocking .... Thanks to your ingenious marketing plan.

5. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I agree but can be a issues with kids and older folks with computers. Suites, for the most part still offer simplicity and ease of understanding. All the ones you mentioned are really the future, but there is still a need for AV products. I think Bas Kaz said it best last week with, scanning is dead, at least from the stand point of scanning your entire computer. Having a AV that scans as you execute choices is still the best way.

6. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Ladies & gents,

It's obvious all opinions have been vented (often more then once). There's no use getting into an endless loop. Those who are interested can read this thread and make up his/her own mind.

Therefore: thread closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.