VBA32 vs Panda Titanium

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by kkkkkkkk, Dec 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kkkkkkkk

kkkkkkkk Guest

I saw VBA32 doing very well on jotti.. Almost always it detect malwares together with KAV, DrWeb and NOD32!

Because jotti does not have Panda included im wondering what others can say between Panda and VBA32, which one would you take?

btw I think Panda have Linux based scanner in beta stage....?

2. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

If you have an old computer, choose VBA32 as your primary scanner as Panda can be memory/resource heavy.

But even with a new computer, VBA32 would be a good choice as a lightweight Real-time Monitor.

However, VBA32 has not been tested yet on any of the main sites and therefore its protection level is relatively unknown. It's good performance over at Jotti's needs to be supported by other tests and its paranoid heuristics can give a number of false positives. IMO, the jury is not yet out on this AV.

However, Panda which has been around awhile has not been thoroughly tested either. Assumimg that Titanium and Platinum have similar detection rates, Panda was judged Advanced/Standard throughout 2004 with zoo malware here while it has only been tested a few times over at Virus Bulletin. The last time being over 3 years ago.

Trial the two and see which one suits both you and your computer ;)

However, if trialing Panda I would take a registry/image backup first as the uninstall can be messy.

3. wildvirus88

wildvirus88 Registered Member

Panda is very high to system... VBA32 is cool...

4. AsianTiger

AsianTiger Guest

Amen! Blackcat

AsianTiger

5. kkkkkkkkkk

kkkkkkkkkk Guest

Are there any statistical informations about jotti and virustotal that show detection rate of submited files?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.