Vba32 (VirusblokAda) is giving free licenses to everyone as promo

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by acr1965, May 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I've not heard much out of the VBA32 users lately but remember that some forum members have posted about it. Anyway, I guess if you have an itch to try the program, VirusBlokAda has a promo listed on their blog where a universal key is available for anyone who wants a license. I do not know how long the license is good for (maybe 6 months?) or if the Vba32 installer has an English version. The blog page with the promo has the original link and a google translate link below-
    http://virusblokada.blog.tut.by/2012/05/08/den_pobedi_2012/
    http://translate.google.com/transla...08/den_pobedi_2012/&hl=en&safe=off&prmd=imvns

product page - http://anti-virus.by/en/personal.shtml

VBA32 appears to be a basic antivirus with heuristic detection but no cloud, behavior blocker, sandbox, etc that many contemporary av's have. But that may be what some people are looking for as some people would rather have a 3rd party program to handle those tasks.

Anyone want to give this a shot?

2. marciocruz

marciocruz Registered Member

hi,

the key info is:

* An activation code is valid from 08/05/2012 to 11/15/2012

3. acr1965

Yes, I saw that on the translated page. I don't know if that means the shelf life to activate a license is until 11/15/12 or if the license expires on that date. Maybe someone will chime in their findings soon.

4. adam993

adam993 Registered Member

License expires 11/15/2012. I've just installed on my laptop.

5. acr1965

how's is the resource usage? any screen shots?

6. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

I just installed it on default settings and although it seems very basic with the gui etc,it brought my i3 laptop to a crawl (i think it was doing a quick scan)Memory consumed at this point seemed very high to me,although it was the general sluggishness of my system that concerned me rather than the memory used at that point.I browsed to my downloads folder and clicked it and watched for 30 secs while the green bar at the top of the folder filled up and was then able to see my downloaded files (most of the avs i use or try are pretty much instant).It seems extremly slow with realtime scanning on.I dont see any right click context menu integration either.Microsoft word seemed to open in jerks (stop/start) , in sync with the tray icon that was showing the opening of word being scanned and also jerked in the same way.Id like to try this further but i dont think i could honestly put up with it a minute longer.I hope someone else has more luck. :doubt:

Attached Files:

7. Blueshoes

Blueshoes Registered Member

This developer makes one of the top anti-rootkit programs out there.

8. dan_maran

dan_maran Registered Member

It's not always like that, you are right it is the start-up scan and it needs to happen once. If you search these forums there are many tweaks you can do to the program and it will perform much better. Detection is fine for everyday use as is resource usage, if you let it settle in.

I swore by this AV and it's people for years. I switched to Linux for 99% of my computing and really have no need for an AV anymore. <rant>Due to the abusive regime in Belarus I cannot bring myself to use a product that supports said regime be it directly or indirectly. </rant>

9. ellison64

Ill have to try it again,and give it a bit longer next time though unfortuantley first impressions are important ,and the excessive sluggishness (on my laptop) isnt good imo.The pricing is quite expensive too ,(for a prospective UK buyer) for whats offered.Ill try it again later and leave it do its thing for a few hours.

10. Bob D

Bob D Registered Member

The "Scan Only New Files" setting in Real Time Monitoring will minimize delays.

11. ellison64

I tried it for a few hours earlier again,let it do initial scans etc ,and left it on default settings.It was better than the first time i installed it ,but still way to heavy for my system.The default file setting was set to scan standard file types so it wasnt scanning all files but still manged to make every action slow for me.Curiously I still couldnt find any right click scan option either although it shows in the guide here...
    http://www.techno360.in/vba32-personal-antivirus-review-and-license-giveaway/
    This av isnt for me im afraid. :doubt:

12. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

I am afraid if you are in x64. That review was based on XP x32.

13. ellison64

Yes i know that ,but i would have expected right click context scan to be functional in 64 bit too .It wasnt on my laptop when i tested.I dont know if it works for other users of 64 bit?

14. Noob

Noob Registered Member

I'll take a look at it since it's free. :D

15. ellison64

Let us know how it goes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.