VBA32 build 3.12.2 released

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Bob D, Jul 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dan_maran

dan_maran Registered Member

I have my sources. ;)

In all actuality it is from the FTP site, I rarely ever go to the main site(s).

Since you are new to the whole VBA32 experience, one "trick" is to do a full scan on your system if it is questionable then tweak the monitor settings for efficiency. There are a few threads on this, but as I am quite busy at the moment they include setting the scanner for only new files, excluding things like the recycler and volume info, setting the heuristic level to your liking and tweaking the background scanner.

<!--EDIT-->
    After reading BC's post before mine, I thought about it for a second and he is right until you get a "Demo" key from them you are kind in limbo. A suggestion is to use the beta key and the 3.12.3 beta it is extremely stable, I use it on a daily basis. That is one of the issues they had with the push for the Vista beta as they don't like releasing buggy code, even in beta!!!
    HTH

_Dan

Last edited: Oct 25, 2007
  2. Delgado

Delgado Registered Member

Thanks for your interest, but with all this hassle to get the product, and then apply for key, I think I will leave it alone.
    If they want people to buy the product, they must make it easier available.

This is rediculous!

:thumbd: :thumbd:

3. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

I agree.

The trial/demo version should be fully functional without a relevant key-file and there should be several sites listed to download the program from.

VirusBlokAda need to attract, not deter users from trying their product.

4. dan_maran

I am sorry you feel that way, maybe sometime in the future you will reconsider. I have a feeling the way the demo works will be changing soon. ;)

5. Blackcat

Me too ;)

6. Delgado

Well I finally gave in and e-mailed for a Demo Key. Dont know why, but my curiosity got the better of me about this prog.

I must say the response was quick, and I had a key in a couple of hours, and a download link, the same one as you gave me. The writer also said that they knew the link was broken on the main site, and it would be fixed soon.

I now intend to play with the prog, and see what it offers.

:D

7. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

Delgado.
    Enjoy the demo.
    Hopefully they make trial versions easier to get in the near future.

8. Blackcat

It's working now.

Good testing. Take a look over on the Forum for relevant posts, such as best settings.

They are already working on this.

9. trjam

trjam Registered Member

does the beta allow for scheduled scans. Dang, it looks like Dr.Web has some DNA in there.;)

10. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

No. There is no scheduling component, as of yet, in VBA32.

11. clambermatic

clambermatic Registered Member

I agree with the opinion of 'blackCat'... it should not deter, but ATTRACT as much as you can with prospective new users!

The IT section of 1 of my current client (into international logistics) has been deploying it (but not in blanket fashion) only on new laptops issued for top tier officers... due to my insistence. Apparently due to my persistence, their IT chief also tried it a few months back & later asked me its advantage against Norton/McAfee VScan. All i argued was... "U don't want a scanner that bogs you down on startup/pwr-off, do you? Check it out & report back to me later!"

LOL... He came back in 3 days time & say..." its RAM footprint was indeed miniscule!"

Darn IT guys... :p they can't make their own difference on basis of "cost-efficienciencies!"

----------------------------------
    EDITED: missed highlights

12. clambermatic

Frankly speaking... vba32 is one hell of an efficient/effective anti-AVs! Not a RAM hoager with hi-speed scannings (do some object-scan tweaking just after an initial full scan from initial deployment)!

In my personal opinion :D - it ranks within the Top 5 fast scanning demons benchmarked by 'Clementi & folks'! Yes, 'scheduled-scans' hasn't been integrated yet... but my feeling was, they will - in the near-future.

The thing Mitya & the Minsk folks should tweak on was... allow demos to incorporate major features that will run on a 6mths trial basis, and without user's key; kept up with the kind of end-users' support (whether via forum or emails) that they got now and.... voila, you got such a fine example of an engineering huh! :thumb:

:blink: hmm... why do i always had a soft spots for softwares done from the Baltic areas?? ;)

13. lucas1985

lucas1985 Retired Moderator

The showstopper for me is the low on-demand scanning speed (highest settings) according to AV-C (haven't tried to test myself). I don't use realtime AVs.
    Does VBA32 have a standalone command line scanner or it's inbuilt into VBA32 for Windows?
    Clicking on console scanners shows this message:

14. dan_maran

VBA has a CMDline scanner 'vba32w' available(included w/ the WS version), and also a program called vba32scan a "demo" of sorts.

ftp://open.by/vba/vba32w-latest.rar - cmdline with latest defs
    ftp://open.by/vba/Vba32Scan.zip - "demo" scanner

HTH

15. clambermatic

16. lucas1985

Thanks likuidkewl :)
    I'll try the demo. What are the limitations (30 day)?

17. clambermatic

Yikes ....LOL, see?? "likuid" beats my 'nick of time' quote, with regards to vbA! :D

That's how vbA was... ain't No RAM-Hoager!!!

18. dan_maran

Both restrictions, cmdline w/o license and demo scanner, are no removal if found. The VBA32 scan is not anything like the actual install it is just a stand alone to demo the technology.

In re: clambermatic last check before bed :)

19. lucas1985

Thanks clambermatic :)
    I'm trying to limit registering at forums LOL.
    Thanks again :)

20. clambermatic

...shalom to you - L_1985 & Likuid, and always welcome! ;)

21. Blackcat

Settings can be tweaked to increase the speed of the on-demand scanner, because if your machine is clean and you check all downloaded files, you do not need the highest settings.

22. Delgado

Well I downloaded and installed VBA32, and have it running with Look n Stop Firewall.

Seems to be running smoothly at the present (touch wood).

Ive tweaked the settings a bit-that was easy because its almost identical to Dr Web, that I used about a year ago.

How good it is at stopping things and removing viruses, I will see in due course. It certainly runs light, and is very cheap to buy!

:thumb:

23. Delgado

Well, this seems to be quite an impressive little Antivirus. Having tweaked the prog and let it settle in , the scans are fast and dont take much ram when running

Might consider buying this one.

Anyone comment on the advantage of this one over Dr Web, which also runs well.

:D

24. Mitya

Mitya Registered Member

Thank you for using Vba32 :)

25. Blackcat

IME, heuristic detection is much better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.