VBA32 3.12.7 beta

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by dan_maran, Jun 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dan_maran

dan_maran Registered Member

Many many improvements have been made to the new VBA32 Beta:
    A explanation of the features can be found Here

The beta can be downloaded HERE
    (A large update will ensue)

Keys can be requested by sending an email to support-en@anti-virus.by or beta@anti-virus.by
    Or by contacting

Last edited: Jun 17, 2008
  2. Saraceno

Saraceno Registered Member

I read there was a beta version available for Vista, but that was a few months back. Is this version compatible with Vista?

How light is this new version running? :)

3. dan_maran

This is the release version for Vista, it has been a final since around the beginning of April.
    It can also be turned to the Beta by changing the update path to ftp://open.by/vba/beta/update/ This will convert to Beta on update.

Depends on your system mate! All AV's act different on certain hardware. ;)

4. Saraceno

Thanks. I read the previous thread on VBA32 and there were many mentions of it being a light program.

For a recent contender in the AV-Comparatives test, the program is definitely on the way up. :thumb:

5. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

VBA32 is not really new program. The guys from Belarus are known quiet well around here. They've seem to make a quiet nice update this time around though.

6. dan_maran

Agreed this was a step they knew they needed to go. They are still working on the size of the virus db and the system impact heavily, along with all the other stuffs. All in all this is a nice little update, hopefully this version makes it into AVC's test this time around. :)

7. Bob D

Bob D Registered Member

Recent statistics at shadowserver.org have been quite impressive.
    (That is IF you put credence into their testing / methodology.)

8. trjam

trjam Registered Member

The Little Engine that could. VBA is a great AV and they take their time to do it right. I have always love this one product and their approach, which some may not like. Good people, good product. I am glad to see them taking a big step. Keep a eye on them. They remind me of Avira right before they bloomed.;)

9. dan_maran

Don't we all love that methodology :p

I have no idea how much, if any, of the newer features of the Windows version have made into the Linux side.
    Something to keep in mind while Shadowserver has vba working right!

10. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

I have requested a key code once again. My previous requests, as well as those by two of my business associates, have never elicited any response. Hopefully this time will be an exception.

11. andylau

andylau Registered Member

The problem of VBA32 is that the trial method is quite bad. So less people want to try it.
    This must be improved!

Maybe they can provide a web form for requesting key code. Or just send an email with auto reply to give a key code.:rolleyes:

12. dan_maran

If a keycode is desired one may be obtained by PM-ing one of the admins at the vba32.de forums along with the email request. With both of these options available wait time is often less than one business day.

I agree that the email with a auto responder is good idea also.

13. bellgamin

I find it inexplicable that people must use the "buddy system" in order to get a trial key or a reply. VBA has not responded to my Friday noon message, nor to any prior messages by myself or my associates.

We are reluctant to deal with an organization that is incommunicado, or takes an extremely long period to answer queries submitted via "official channels."

14. dan_maran

I have just checked with a contact at VBA and again they state they did not receive your request. I am assured that they will be looked into once again. I would post the assurance, but I didn't ask the permission of the other party. ;)

Another option for requests is support@vba32.de

15. bellgamin

I requested via beta @ anti-virus dot by, as suggested in your initial post. No indication of a bounced message.

16. Saraceno

Like Twister AV does, can they setup a generic/standard trial code that a user can copy and paste in to get 30 days?

17. andylau

Yes. Or use the similar method like Dr.Web for users to get a trial keycode / keyfile.

There are no excuses for VBA32 to say that the exsiting trial system is a good way to protect against piracy.

As Andrey said that,
    But if I want to do this, I can simply use different e-mail to request 1 month key code month by month. So, it's not a excuse! When people tried it and thoungt it is good, they would just buy one. Otherwise, whatever you did, people wouldn't try or buy.

I hope VBA32 can be improved in this way.

One side wants to protect against piracy, but on the other side, it lets people stop the step into VBA32. I do not think it is a good marketing strategy.:cool:

Last edited: Jun 15, 2008
  18. andylau

It is another good idea. The code system of Twister will blind/record some of your hardware's information in their server. So, people with the same computer configs can just register with the same trial code a time only.:D

19. GES/POR

GES/POR Registered Member

Seriously VBA32 is nice but not that famous, i can think of noone who'd like to crack it. Right now i wouldn't even want it for free!

20. andylau

Maybe VBA32 needs to use a keyfile to activate full function, so it's a bit difficult to crack. May not be related to its famous or not.:rolleyes:

Just seems likes Dr.Web

21. lodore

lodore Registered Member

i sent an email to vba32 yesterday and got a reply with beta license code today.
    anyone having problems could always try use a different email address.

22. Mitya

Mitya Registered Member

Dear bellgamin,

Could you please tell what e-mail you used when mailng us to beta@anti-virus.by?

23. lodore

lodore Registered Member

this is a very nice program indeed.
    nice interface. plently of options,self protection. constantly improving

24. bellgamin

I have websites that draw large numbers of messages from people in many nations across the world. I reply to those messages with Courier (primarily) and sometimes PopPeeper (quick notes).

My messages always are received by the intended recipients except where disrupted in the case of people who do not know how to configure their anti-spam programs.

NOTE: I have responded to a PM from Mitya by sending VBA a "test message." I hope that they are able to detect whatever the problem is with respect to mail delivery.

25. Miyagi

Miyagi Registered Member

Bellgamin - At first I thought it would have been the Hawaiian puka as we both reside on this side of the world, but this morning I did receive the beta key within a 24-hour period.

I don't know if this might be the case but their reply email was: beta/@/vba/.com/.by

EDIT: Without the (/).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.