VB100% - December 2007

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by nodyforever, Dec 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luciddream

luciddream Registered Member

Gee... this just completely convinced me to switch from Kaspersky to McAfee. That 1 virus it missed overrules every detection award it's ever won and the fact that it perpetually blows away the competition in such tests.

I think I'll also dump my life savings into Cisco stock because it just went up 1 point, and sell all my Apple, because it just went down 1/2 pt.

And I'm not being sarcastic at all... really!

2. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

All the test In the world means nothing to me it is just a basic idea of how well one AV does.The best antivirus Is.The one that runs well with out havoc and overall good reputation by most actual users.one that runs and updates efficiently.one that passes today may fail tomorrow or visa versa.

3. norman6810

norman6810 Registered Member

I totally agree with you !
    NO ONE WILL WIN ALL THE TIME!

4. Joliet Jake

Joliet Jake Registered Member

Apart from ESET!:D

5. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

So VB100 test was always considered by some to be as easy to pass as a walk in the park. I guess it shouldn't be dismissed so easily in the future.

6. Bunkhouse Buck

Bunkhouse Buck Registered Member

You will notice a common denominator in this forum, if your favorite AV passes the latest test, the VB100 test is considered efficacious. If your favorite AV fails the test, there is something wrong with the test.

And Eset is always efficacious as far as the VB100 test is concerned. The vocal advocates of many popular (in this forum) AVs have a problem- their AV failed the latest test. That is reality.

7. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

VB IS easy to pass, there should be no excuses from any vendor when they fail.

8. saffron

saffron Registered Member

If VB is so easy to pass, why do so many fanboi favorite AVs fail so often?

9. saffron

You have hit the nail right on the head!

Whatever AV wins any test, its fanbois rejoice, while fanbois of other AVs make excuses why the test was unfair to their favorite and condemn the results as crap.

If KAV had been named "Best AV of 2007" by AVC its fanbois would have hoisted Clementi on a pedestal instead of hanging him from the yard arm. :)

10. saffron

Those who say VB100 is easy to pass are invariably fanbois of an AV that failed. If their favorite AV passes they promote VB as the world benchmark test. :)

11. Miyagi

Miyagi Registered Member

Can you please stop the nonsense!

12. saffron

40 million Chinese Symantec users will disagree!

13. saffron

Anyone who dumps a highly rated AV like KAV or Avira because of one test failure doesn't really understand what it's all about.

I've been using NOD32 for going on 6 years. It has failed a few VB and AVC tests (and many worthless tests) in that time, not enough to make me dump it, but I'm not an ESET fanboi and I'll switch like lightning if it starts failing VB and AVC regularly.

14. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

I don't use any scanner and when I run them, they can't find anything.
    Years ago most scanners detected at least something on my computer : MRU, a dangerous cookie, ...
    Nowadays, impressive titles and prizes, but no detection, except fp's. o_O

15. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

Using your own words from other thread......Let's beatify VB! :rolleyes:

16. solcroft

solcroft Registered Member

Just for the record, Kaspersky slaughtered explorer.exe a few days ago as well.

17. saffron

Feel free to do so if you're an ESET fanboi.

18. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

No, thanks.
    Not in a thousand years.

19. saffron

Symantec is a nightmare waiting to happen IMO.

Kaspersky is a good AV but it's quality control history is unimpressive.

ESET has been having its share of quality control problems with v3 and the ESS lately.

Let's hope they all get their acts together in 2008.

20. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

One can only hope...

I haven't kept up with Symantec on a machine (althought I thought Norton 360 was a rather decent effort), but both Eset and Kaspersky have finished this year in a manner that I'd not like to see repeated again.

Blue

21. flyrfan111

flyrfan111 Registered Member

I echo your hope. Some things have been simply stunning from both these companies during the end of this year.

22. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

I agree I love nod32 2.7 and will not switch for any thing else not even version 3.unless they day comes when it fails often not just detectection but In how Well it runs.I would never say nod is the best just one of the more reputable like Kav For example.

23. python134r

python134r Registered Member

I do not post here much, however I do read many posts here at the forum. I am laughing at those who rate their security and or virus software on 1 test or put it in terms of feel and subjective arguments.

I have used every ~Phrase removed~ anti virus at one time or another over the last 15 years in residential and enterprise level. None, repeat none will protect against all known viruses, but you'all know this already.

Am I an expert ..hardly, do I have a little bit of knowledge...errr, yes. I am one of many Network Admins for the 6th largest company in the world,

http://w1.siemens.com/entry/en/index.htm

500,000 users, 30 domains worldwide.

Anti-virus'es at the enterprise level has little to do with being good or bad, it has to do with cost, bottom line, licensing for thousands, big bukeroos.....So a company can get stuck with a mediocre product cause its cheaper to buy and deploy then something else.

Enterprise networks also have layers of security that residential users do not have so they get away with it.

At this point I have to say I have never had an infection using KAV, Nod32, Symantec Corp 9 or 10. This is at home.

User common sense goes a long way to protect ur own machine, ok I ranted, everyone have a good holiday and a fruitful new year.:cool:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2007
  24. trekie12cat

trekie12cat Registered Member

whats with drweb when you get word would you let me know. i use them but if i don't like what im seeing in av-comparatives.

25. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

I don't think drweb are taking the tests as seriously as others, I've never been infected with drweb so I guess they are doing their job, but of course I'd still like them to take these tests seriously.

Its weird, because anti-malware.ru always score drweb quite well on their tests, which are 'also valid' and well respected.

Either way, of course we would want a straight forward answer, but at the moment I'm quite happy and will look forward to v5 beta.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.