vanishing icons

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Rita, Jul 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi Rita, try placing a tick in Auto hide taskbar, click apply, then untick it and click apply...

Cheers :D

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

3. Rainwalker

Rainwalker Registered Member

hello People.............wondering if this problem is still going on with any of you as i have not had this happen for some time now....... also have not used the repair ultility posted by ronjor :doubt:

4. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

It hasn't happened to my main computer again but still happens on my laptop occasionally. I don't think the tool ronjor posted would cover my issue as it is explorer.exe which seems to cause the vanishing taskbar and desktop icons which sometimes just refresh themselves OR I have to start a new task for the task manager explorer.exe - everything appears again!

I will be formatting both computers next week so hopefully a clean install will sort the vanishing icons problems.I know on a few of the XP based forums I visit it seems to be a general problem. So far my desktop seems to have stabilised again. As ritaann says they do refresh but it is odd o_O

5. Rainwalker

Rainwalker Registered Member

Hmmmm......... Can anyone else comment here :doubt:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.