V9 to V10. Upgrade or not?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by cdikland, Feb 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cdikland

cdikland Registered Member

I am running TI version 9.3854 which seems to run better than any previous versions. So why would I want to upgrade to version 10? Is it so much better or is this a requirement for new technology coming down the road (i.e. Vista)?

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hmm. Have you booted into TI Full mode from the Acronis Rescue CD and tried creating a Disk/Partition image direct to DVD? If not already done, check out this previous thread titled <Testing of v9 Build 3854>. At this point of time I have no need for the additional features in TI 10.0, so have decided to stick with v9 Build 3677.

Regards

3. Colvin

Colvin Registered Member

I chose to upgrade to v. 10 for several reasons. But the #1 reason that really swayed me was the new improved "Scheduling" feature. My backups are now fully automated just the way I want them without any user input whatsoever. But since I'm also running Vista Ultimate, I wanted to be sure to have a 100% compatible version which will also be developed for the future.

What's important is what works well for you and also meets your needs.

4. cdikland

cdikland Registered Member

I have not but then I never have. Dont use that feature. If I did I would be in real trouble. Previous builds of TI did not recognize my sata drives.:mad:

I have a multi-boot system and rarely use the rescue CD. I'll boot into one (WinXP) OS installation and backup the other. Works much, much faster than the Linux version. I dont use verify option either but rather backup a drive and restore it to a spare partition. This too seems faster than backup/verify option. It is not to uncommon for me to restore these backups to their original drives on a bi-weekly frequency and so far.... no problems.;)

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello cdikland,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

I would recommend that you have a look at this previous post of mine that contains links to the threads about new features of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home, which can help you to make a choice.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.