V4 Http Scanning is a issue

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by trjam, Apr 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Ok, back to using Eset. Using version 4 AV and as always, when loaded my web browsing becomes very slow and choppy when loading web pages. V3 doesnt and is still a really nice AV. But today I thought I would spend some time playing with it and first, all settings are the default on install, but if I untick Enable Http checking, my web browsing is perfect. Actually everything is faster. So for me, I know there is a issue with Http scanning and my PC. Dont really care because with Sandboxie i really dont need it.

Hope this helps Marcos.

2. funkydude

funkydude Registered Member

Vista (with SP1?) or XP?

3. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Vista SP1

4. s4u

s4u Registered Member

Which version? latest version solved a lot for me

5. trjam

trjam Registered Member

downloaded it today. V3 is ok, but in all fairness to Eset, V3 had the same issue at the start and along the way they fixed it. I have no doubt the same will happen here. I really like Eset and have, err, several licences that I want to use.

Some are saying they are bailing when their licences are up and to me, that is crap. Eset, like others has a tradition that puts them at the top with a few others. They will get this sorted out and people just have to be patient. I have seen this so many times.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.