V3 not retaining exclusions for custom scan

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by mongatu, May 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mongatu

mongatu Registered Member

I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I can't seem to get V3.0.657 (or any prior version of V. 3.0) to retain a set of custom exclusions for an in depth scan.

What I'm trying to do is exclude certain folders and files from being scanned. When I set up the scan, the list of folders always appears the same (i.e., not remembering my previous saved settins): Some of my previous set exclusions and folders I want to be scanned appear to be retained and some do not. For example, the "windows" folder is never remembered to be scanned. I always have to re-check that folder to ensure it will be scanned, unless I use the "local drive" profile.

I can't recall all the steps I'm doing to set up the scans and save them but I really think I'm doing it correctly and that the program is not remembering them. I have gone through Blackspears tutorial on this and followed it.

Anyway, has anyone else had problems like this or any ideas on how to set up a custom scan that will be remembered?

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

An in-depth scan, as the name says, is meant to scan everything with maximum settings. If you want to do a custom scan, create a new profile where you can enable all settings and specify excluded folders.

3. mongatu

mongatu Registered Member

Thanks for the reply. Tried that already with the same results when I actually run the scan, but I'll check it again to be sure.

Also, if an in depth scan is supposed to scan everything, why is it not scaning the C:\windows folder (using Vista x64) among other folders it leaves out?

The only way I can get it to scan everything is to use the local drives profile.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.