V3 not retaining exclusions for custom scan

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by mongatu, May 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mongatu

mongatu Registered Member

I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I can't seem to get V3.0.657 (or any prior version of V. 3.0) to retain a set of custom exclusions for an in depth scan.

What I'm trying to do is exclude certain folders and files from being scanned. When I set up the scan, the list of folders always appears the same (i.e., not remembering my previous saved settins): Some of my previous set exclusions and folders I want to be scanned appear to be retained and some do not. For example, the "windows" folder is never remembered to be scanned. I always have to re-check that folder to ensure it will be scanned, unless I use the "local drive" profile.

I can't recall all the steps I'm doing to set up the scans and save them but I really think I'm doing it correctly and that the program is not remembering them. I have gone through Blackspears tutorial on this and followed it.

Anyway, has anyone else had problems like this or any ideas on how to set up a custom scan that will be remembered?

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

An in-depth scan, as the name says, is meant to scan everything with maximum settings. If you want to do a custom scan, create a new profile where you can enable all settings and specify excluded folders.

3. mongatu

mongatu Registered Member

Thanks for the reply. Tried that already with the same results when I actually run the scan, but I'll check it again to be sure.

Also, if an in depth scan is supposed to scan everything, why is it not scaning the C:\windows folder (using Vista x64) among other folders it leaves out?

The only way I can get it to scan everything is to use the local drives profile.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.