V2.7 NOD32 exclusions

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by rpelletier, Sep 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rpelletier

rpelletier Registered Member

Wow, with XMON, AMON, IMON, EMON - why can't they just give their modules descriptive names?

Anyway, I wasn't sure if this was the appropriate forum, as I'm not sure if this is a NOD32 V 2.7 for Exchange issue or if it's a question relating to the ERAC.

I can't find out where to set up exclusions for scheduled scans. I understand that there are some files and folders that shouldn't be scanned. In fact, in the AMON section of the Configuration Editor, I have 30 entries in the exclusions list.

However, I am unable to find any place to put such a list together for on-demand scans.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

2. rpelletier

Anyone? Can exclusions be set up for on-demand scans? Or, does the Exclusions setup under AMON also apply to on-demand scans?

I can't figure out why it is so hard to get specific answers to such questions...

3. SmackyTheFrog

SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

Exclusions for on-demand scans are no supported in 2.7, only 3.0 unfortunately.

4. rpelletier

Unbelievable!

It is just not safe to scan certain files - especially certain Exchange files, but there are other folders on a domain server that shouldn't be scanned for various reasons.

So the only way to protect an SBS server is to use real-time protection only, and not perfrom scans?

Has anyone heard when (if?) a Version 3 for Exchange will be released?

Man, what a cheesy piece of software! It takes days to get questions answered and even basic av software features are either difficult to configure or aren't available...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.