V2.7 NOD32 exclusions

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by rpelletier, Sep 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rpelletier

rpelletier Registered Member

Wow, with XMON, AMON, IMON, EMON - why can't they just give their modules descriptive names?

Anyway, I wasn't sure if this was the appropriate forum, as I'm not sure if this is a NOD32 V 2.7 for Exchange issue or if it's a question relating to the ERAC.

I can't find out where to set up exclusions for scheduled scans. I understand that there are some files and folders that shouldn't be scanned. In fact, in the AMON section of the Configuration Editor, I have 30 entries in the exclusions list.

However, I am unable to find any place to put such a list together for on-demand scans.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

2. rpelletier

Anyone? Can exclusions be set up for on-demand scans? Or, does the Exclusions setup under AMON also apply to on-demand scans?

I can't figure out why it is so hard to get specific answers to such questions...

3. SmackyTheFrog

SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

Exclusions for on-demand scans are no supported in 2.7, only 3.0 unfortunately.

4. rpelletier

Unbelievable!

It is just not safe to scan certain files - especially certain Exchange files, but there are other folders on a domain server that shouldn't be scanned for various reasons.

So the only way to protect an SBS server is to use real-time protection only, and not perfrom scans?

Has anyone heard when (if?) a Version 3 for Exchange will be released?

Man, what a cheesy piece of software! It takes days to get questions answered and even basic av software features are either difficult to configure or aren't available...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.