V2.7 EE in a bind!

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Cosmo32, Jun 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cosmo32

Cosmo32 Guest

Good day all,
    My w2k server went down. It lost its ability to see/use a kbd and mouse! This does make logging into the server a bit testy!

I do not know when I will correct this and get the server back online to my clients and ESET. It does contain my mirror, RA, and RAC. As expected, all of my clients are now bleating about loss of contact with their server. Hmm.;)
    My clients are currently at def#3225.

I have tried to re-focus my clients away from my local server and out to the ESET servers by choosing <choose automatically>. This does not work. I get a security window popup that contains my UID and Password that is NOT accepted when I click OK. Odd, because the UID and PW appear to be correct! Odder still because each client has a proper UID and PW entered in the blocks on the Update/Setup window. I give up.o_O

Is there some other deeper switch I need to reset to allow my clients to update freely via the online ESET servers? No, I really do not wish to reload the clients over themselves.
    Thank you in advance. I do so love this application. Trouble free since FEB 06.

2. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

can you remote desktop into the machine?

3. Cosmo32

Cosmo32 Guest

Thanks WebUrBznes,
    NO. I do not use any remote anything. Too much complexity.
    Sorry. I am not experienced enough to deal with that.
    BUT!!!!
    It does seem that ESET may be just too cool.
    I did reboot both of my live clients. Even w/o a connection to their normal mirror (my dead server), they some how managed to connect (in the background) to ESET and are both now at def#3228. To me this is magic. They are both current; even while the server (mirror) is down, and, two other clients are shut down.:D
    I am truly amazed! PERIOD!
    I knew ESET was a good choice. Pulled the trigger and have not been disappointed.
    When this license runs dry I will be back................:D
    Forum Monitor: You may close this thread at your descretion. It appears that I do not have any ESET related trouble. I am somewhat embarrassed now. ATM, I feel I am fully covered. Nice!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.