UtilityPro.com

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by thumbsup99, Jul 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thumbsup99

thumbsup99 Registered Member

I have downloaded the Trial Version of the Subject browser only to discover that when I tried to UN-Install it, it went through the motions of an UN-Install and later RE-INSTALLED itself without my ok. After several (at least 5) attempts, I also initiated a DELETE of the remaining files only to discover that they would not allow their deletion. Finally, I re-named the remaining files (that I could find) with a .nul suffix or a "_" character replacing the first or last letter of the file name. Still, there were some files hidden in my directory that kept attempting to RE-Install the software everytime I opened up my EXCEL Program. After I learned of RegEdit, I searched the registry and found more files related to UtilityPro which I either deleted or renamed.

The problem seems to be gone except that the install wizard continues to open once or twice everytime I open EXCEL which is only a minor inconvenience delaying the opening of the program.

The main files I found were:

UtilityPro   Default User:UtilityPro    Default User
    UtilityPro   NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM:UtilityPro   NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
    UtilityPro   D1H8N311\My Name:UtilityPro    D1H8N311\My Name

Could SpyBlaster be set to include this invader?

Thumbsup99

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.