using Windows search 4

Discussion in 'General Returnil discussions' started by CaptCos, Mar 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CaptCos

CaptCos Registered Member

My searches found no information on using Windows search 4 with Returnil.

I moved the indexes to D: so they avoid the Returnil C:

I partially rebuilt the index without Returnil turned on and got 1,000 files indexed. Then I turned on the Returnil and ran the indexing to completion (2,000 files). So I know the index database was completed but when I rebooted, the Windows search 4 showed only 1,000 files indexed.

I figure this means that some of the index housekeeping runs on C:

Now I guess I need to get the Windows search 4 to run from D: as well.

I know I should be able to run Returnil and keep my search index current as well.

Been searching for a solution for 90+ minutes.

TIA

2. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hi,
    The key here is to locate the files and folders on C:\ where this information is updated and then add that to your File Manager list with autosave set to an appropriate interval. If you need to edit the registry however, you may need to do this with a manual approach for the applicable keys through the Access Real Disk Tool > Browse registry.

One approach here might be to create a script that you invoke automatically at shutdown to export the registry updates to Search 4 to D:\ and then at startup to force those changes onto the current virtual mode session from that file you saved.

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.