Using returnil virtual mode to test install apps.

Discussion in 'General Returnil discussions' started by 44enviro, Oct 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 44enviro

44enviro Registered Member

My concern is: How will this product work if I am installing suspect software to try out and it requires a reboot. Apparently if I choose to reboot my system then it will eradicate the install i am trying to test out. How do I use the virtualization but still comply with the potentially harmful software that requires a reboot?

So assuming I am running returnil in virtual mode to maximize my protection and I have a piece of software I would like to try out and it is required to run as a system service or the like thereof. It will require a reboot to complete the installation, yet upon reboot returnil virtual mode will eradicate the existence of the software even before I have a chance to run it for the 1st time.

Thanks,

James...

2. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hello James and welcome to the forums :)

Testing programs that require a restart of the computer to complete their installation is not possible within RSS/RVS specifically but mobile app testing is.

One way to go at this would be to use a VirtualBox testing environment with RSS/RVS installed on the host for protection. Testing in VBox or VMWare would allow you to do said testing, keep your real Host system clean, and isolate your rig from accidental exposure.

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.