Using remote administration across the internet

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Ghlave, Jul 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ghlave

Ghlave Registered Member

I've got one main site on a domain, and 4 satellite sites that are just setup in their own little workgroups. We've got the business edition, and I'm wondering if I can manually install at the satellites, but point the remote admin ip back to my main site and port forward accordingly.

I do not have vpns set up (yet) so this is across the open internet. Each site has a T1, so reliability shouldn't be a question.

2. jimwillsher

jimwillsher Registered Member

Absolutely. That's what we do with all our laptops and one satellite office. Just put a FQDN for the remote admin server and make sure the appropriate port (by default it's 2222/TCP) is open. It works a treat.

Jim

3. dmaasland

dmaasland Registered Member

Please remember to set a password for Remote Administration though, if not the communication is unencrypted :).

4. Ghlave

Ghlave Registered Member

Well so far I'm not having any luck. At my remote site, I pointed remote admin back to the actual ip of my local site, and I even forwarded 2222-2226 on the firewall to the console machine, but I'm not seeing the remote installs pop up in the remote administration list.

5. dmaasland

dmaasland Registered Member

Did you forward to the console machine, or the server machine? They need to point to the machine running the server.

6. Ghlave

Ghlave Registered Member

It's forwarded correctly, however I must have typed the password incorrectly, as I just noticed 3 machines that I used my created cfg.xml on are not reporting, however the one that I manually installed is reporting just fine.

Easy fix!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.