Using RAC to create configuration file

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by rperry, Nov 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rperry

rperry Registered Member

I am trying to use the Configuration Editor to create a new config file. The only part I am having problems with is with the scheduled tasks. I want to either modify or create a new task to change the hourly check for updates.

In the base configuration, there is a scheduled tas to check for updates hourly. I want to modify this to use two profiles, the primary profile to check our internal RAS for updates, and the other to be a backup profile checking ESET internet servers.

I have all of the configurations all set, and I have already been deploying this in the past (but have already overwritten the original configuration files!). However, I am completely unable to push the actual modified task. The backup profile is there, all those settings are tere, but I can't push the modified task.

Any suggestions?

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Just download the configuration from a pc, adjust the necessary settings and deploy it back to the pc.

3. rperry

rperry Registered Member

I already tried that, but it doesn't work like I am hoping. All settings are pushed with the sole exception of the "special settings" on the scheduled task. This is were I need to have it list the primary profile, and the backup profile. The main reason that I need to configure this is for our notebook users. But it also provides a backup in case the RAS goes down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.